How To Return To Stock Recovery

OP
joeywortman

joeywortman

Reaction score
I'll probably be hollering because I don't know how to do this in fast boot.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition
Okay, I have the stock image downloaded from Motorola Support. This will relock the bootloader again. I have RSD Lite and minimal ADB and Fast boot both on my computer. I should be good to go.
Is there anything else I need to do?

OP
joeywortman

joeywortman

Reaction score
Fast boot detected it. The thing that I'm confused about is the how to actually flash each image included in the download package. I don't know the command strings.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The way I did it was I unzipped the files to that fastboot folder. In your case you just need the recovery. So the command would be "fastboot flash recovery <your recovery name> enter"

Tapped from a Nexus 6

OP
joeywortman

joeywortman

Reaction score
Okay, I just successfully flashed the stock recovery on my Moto X Pure Edition XT1575. I downloaded the OTA update and tried to install it. The phone rebooted into stock recovery and appeared to be installing. Then I got the notification that the Update failed after a reboot.
I only flashed the recovery. img. Should I have flashed the whole package?

OP
joeywortman

joeywortman

Reaction score
You should be able to do it in fastboot. That's how I did it on my MotoX.

We could walk you through fastboot. You'll need these files for a Windows pc https://app.box.com/s/7p0cbuomkzpyxxp8hcly3p61qvei14sk
I flashed the other img files and life is good. Thanks for your help and patience. I procrastinated on doing this out of fear of bricking my uninsured phone. I now feel I could probably build my own smartphone and even craft new operating system for it! Just kidding... It was a lot simpler than I made it in my head. Thanks again for the knowledge