How to return back to stock unrooted and bootloader locked?

chris79

Reaction score
My phone no longer charges the battery and I have to return it. USB still works fine, but it will not charge any of my three batteries. I have tried two different ROMS now. I have to charge batteries in my external batter charger for now.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using DROID Forums

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
Yes. I have 5 old. Charges from my D1 and two car chargers. My wife's phone works fine on everyone. No clue why it won't charge the battery. I have to keep charging and swapping until I can send it in.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Try searching for a thread on unrooting. I would give you a link, but I'm on my phone. I've seen the unrooting threads. You can use htcdev relock the bootloader.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
Is there a stock image available like getting the old OG cack to stock unrooted?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue (as did someone else who posted a week ago). Go over to XDA and they have a link to the factory RUU and instructions on how to re-lock.

OP
C

chris79

Reaction score
I have looked all over at XDA and can't find any information. Can someone post a link?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I re-flashed the stock image and it appears to maybe have fixed my charging problem (phone would charge, just not from a dead battery without considerable tinkering). It's an exe file you can get from XDA - go into the Rezound development thread and there is a list of Rezound roms - follow the links to the RUU. Download to PC, connect phone to USB and then just run the .exe. Note I had a few issues trying this, so you may want to be in fastboot when you run the .exe.

You cannot un-unlock the bootloader. It will say "re-locked". The good news is this supposedly doesn't void your warranty, nor does being rooted. Apparently VZW is now compliant with the FCC and although they don't advertise it, they can't void your warranty for being rooted. I can't confirm, but that's according to a few different posters on XDA.

Also, you have to go into fastboot to see that the bootloader is unlocked or re-locked, so unlikely you'd have an issue returning it. I would just flash the stock image.

Here: I downloaded 1.02.605.6
FileFactory Folder view - Vigor

dlink888

Reaction score
So I ran into this problem this weekend. My daughter was using the phone when it died. Couldn't get it restarted. (I am unlocked via HTC, stock ROM with bloat removed. Phone is a week old.)

After messing with it using the factory charger/cable and other chargers/cable combinations I got nothing. Charging light would only intermittently come on for a second or two then go back off.

I charged it over night with the factory charger/cable. Didn't work the next day. Charged it all day and night with my old charger/cable that I know works. Didn't work.

Tried multiple variations of taking out the Battery/Sim/SD card and using the plug-in chargers & CPU USB variations with no success.

Luckily, I had ordered a new spare battery and it came in the mail before I returned the phone. Plugged it and it started up fine.

But my concern is that my phone is not properly charging. I have also had other similar charging/battery life issues that raise concern.

As far as not letting it die, **** happens and phones die, if this is a reoccurring problem, that in my mind is pretty unacceptable. A phone should charge when its plugged in no matter what. I may end up returning it to see If just got a defective phone and/or battery.