Additional batteries will not charge properly

mladams03

Reaction score
All,
I've had my S3 for about 6 months now. I recently decided to order an extra battery and the Samsung battery charger so I can charge my spare while having one in the phone and not have to plug in the phone unless I really need to. Somehow there was confusion at the place I ordered the battery from and they ended up sending me two Samsung spare batteries. So now I have a total of three Samsung batteries for my S3.

So when I got the battery and the charger I put the first spare in my phone to check the charge. I took it out of my phone and put it in the spare charger as it wasn't fully charged. When the charger reported the battery was fully charged I took the battery out of the charger and put it in my phone. It only reported about 90% charged. So I drained it to about 10% while the original factory batter charged and swapped them. The factory battery reported 100% charge in the phone so I let the replacement battery charge. Once the replacement was done I swapped them again but still only got a max of 91% charge. So I tried letting it drain again and then charging it with my phone. But the phone will only get the battery to 87-90% charge and just sits there never reporting fully charged.

So I tried the second replacement battery, basically doing the same thing and I have the same issue, it won't fully charge and that battery seems to discharge pretty rapidly.

I there anything I can do to get these batteries to charge properly or are they just bad batteries?

Thanks,
Matt

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
imo, there either bad, old, or cheap knock offs (sometimes even made to look like oem).
there is no way to fix them that im aware of, if any of the above apply.