[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

dbdrummer88

Reaction score
Yeah, just paste that into your browser. It's Hashcode's directory for D4 stuff. The ICS sbf file is included

Sent from my DROID 4 using Tapatalk 2

Is it the "Droid4Safestrap-ICS-2.11.apk" or the "Safestrap-RAZR-D4-BIO-3.11.apk"??

GigaJake

Reaction score
Neither. It's the big long zip file at the end. Apk files are installable apps

dbdrummer88

Reaction score
Neither. It's the big long zip file at the end. Apk files are installable apps

Ah gotcha, thanks again and I appreciate the help. I assume its pretty easy from here maybe? haha Am I just copying this into my sd card or actual phone storage?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Again, neither. You use it with the program RSD lite. Follow the steps from the first post in this thread and be sure to use that ICS sbf file instead of the gingerbread ones.

dbdrummer88

Reaction score
Again, neither. You use it with the program RSD lite. Follow the steps from the first post in this thread and be sure to use that ICS sbf file instead of the gingerbread ones.

Finally got around to doing this today. Worked without any problems! Thanks again! Phone is completely back to stock running ICS and now i wait for jelly bean :biggrin:

goodcat

Reaction score
Alright, I'm having some trouble trying to sbf so I can get the jb update to finish. When I open RSD lite, and click the button to open up the sbf files, it always shows the folder as empty. I've d/l from the link on hashcode's page, and other pages as well. I know they are all the same files, so that's not the problem. I extract the files usually to my desktop, but again, every time I try and open up the files in RSD, it always shows up empty. Any ideas?

KanAPeas

Reaction score
Hmm

I have tried twice to download RSFLite from this link and every time it gets to installation it stops and gives me an error message saying to retry that there might be a problem with the packet. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone ever tried this metod with Android 4.0.4? I'm having issues with the root and have a laundry list of issues- I am hoping to put it back to stock.

audinutt

Reaction score
As I recall you do NOT unzip the files, rsdlite handles the extraction, this is why you can not flash it.

Anomalyzero

Reaction score
My D4 's power button broke and now I need to get it unrooted and stock so I can send it in for a new one. any advice on how to get this working with a busted power button?

Mentor17

Reaction score
I had the same problem. You can restart your D4 and press (and hold) volume buttons before it start.

Jenny5

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this How-to and keeping it updated!
There is some ambiguity about how to know when this is done. RSDLite tells me Status: Please manually power up this phone. Result: In proces...
Is there a good way to know when this is done? My phone is working fine, doesn't seem to be doing anything else, and seems to have finished in well under 20 minutes. Clicking Close throws a warning at me: Application is currently busy. Closing application may DAMAGE the attached device. Do you wish to continue? I'm pretty sure it's done now, but RSDLite doesn't seem to be aware of this.

Thanks

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
that is a common error, just ignore if phone has booted up fine.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

lozbo

Reaction score
Please manually poewr up this phone

I'm having the same issue as Jenny5, phone booted and entered OS normally. I am not sure if it worked, as everything seems like before. It *does* work, though the battery life is still horrible, which is why I wanted to do this unroot thing.

A bit of context: I bought a used droid 4, which seemed to be rooted. I started testing it and, without using it very much (just wifi on) battery would only last a few hours, from 100%. I've been reading that this kind of issue may be related to the OS, not to the hardware, so if that's the case I think there should be a version that "fixes" this battery issue.

Thing is, after flashing this version:

cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip">cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip

With the steps from the first post on this thread, it doesn't seem to help.

Does anybody know something about this? My main problem is the battery life. It drains so very quickly. Another strange thing: it doesn't say: "battery level: 96%" or "84%". It drops in 10% intervals, so it shows 100, then 90 and so on. I think this may be related.

Can some one point me to a ROM that fixes this? I'm a bit of a newbie in this "flashing ROMS" stuff, but I'd be really helpful if some one knows about it.

More details:

Model number
droid4

system version
98.72.18.XT894.Verizon.en.US

Android Version

Thanks in advance.

core2kid

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as Jenny5, phone booted and entered OS normally. I am not sure if it worked, as everything seems like before. It *does* work, though the battery life is still horrible, which is why I wanted to do this unroot thing.

A bit of context: I bought a used droid 4, which seemed to be rooted. I started testing it and, without using it very much (just wifi on) battery would only last a few hours, from 100%. I've been reading that this kind of issue may be related to the OS, not to the hardware, so if that's the case I think there should be a version that "fixes" this battery issue.

Thing is, after flashing this version:

cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip">cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip

With the steps from the first post on this thread, it doesn't seem to help.

Does anybody know something about this? My main problem is the battery life. It drains so very quickly. Another strange thing: it doesn't say: "battery level: 96%" or "84%". It drops in 10% intervals, so it shows 100, then 90 and so on. I think this may be related.

Can some one point me to a ROM that fixes this? I'm a bit of a newbie in this "flashing ROMS" stuff, but I'd be really helpful if some one knows about it.

More details:

Model number
droid4

system version
98.72.18.XT894.Verizon.en.US

Android Version

Thanks in advance.

After using Fastboot you need to restore your phone to stock from the OS. Also if you're rooted install CPU Sleeper. It'll improve your battery life. Increased my Droid Razr to about 14 hours moderate usage from the stock 8. Basically the app forces a core to "sleep" when you lock the screen.