How to resize active screen area / change height of screen?

D44IN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra
I am trying to adjust the height of the active area of the screen as shown in image, by turning off blue areas to hide camera hole and round corners as I don't like the appearance.

The built in setting for hiding the camera only turns off the red area so the corners are still rounded.

I have tried using ADB overscan command to reduce height of the display, but this just moves the items on the screen without actually turning off those areas of the display. I want the blue areas to be completely disabled, which should be possible on OLED display.

I am using Note20 Ultra with Android 10.

The apps I have found all require rooted phone.

Any way to do this without root?
87pCa.png

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I am trying to adjust the height of the active area of the screen as shown in image, by turning off blue areas to hide camera hole and round corners as I don't like the appearance.

The built in setting for hiding the camera only turns off the red area so the corners are still rounded.

I have tried using ADB overscan command to reduce height of the display, but this just moves the items on the screen without actually turning off those areas of the display. I want the blue areas to be completely disabled, which should be possible on OLED display.

I am using Note20 Ultra with Android 10.

The apps I have found all require rooted phone.

Any way to do this without root?
87pCa.png
Welcome to the forum. I'm using System UI Tuner from the play store. Work with root or without root with a few adb commands. Makes kind of a pseudo immersive mode, only other way I know is with root.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en

Screenshot_20201230-142647_SystemUI Tuner.jpg

OP
D

D44IN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra
Welcome to the forum. I'm using System UI Tuner from the play store. Work with root or without root with a few adb commands. Makes kind of a pseudo immersive mode, only other way I know is with root.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en

View attachment 78919

Thanks for your help, however this did not work for me.

Even after adding apps to the immersive mode blacklist, they still go to full screen.

I know there are 'notch hider' apps that add a black bar at the top, but certain apps can still overwrite this and they usually don't work in landscape mode.

What I need is to completely disable those pixels so no apps can use them, ideally I would still use these areas for status bar and navigation bar but I don't think that is possible.