How to remove preinstalled bookmarks

we_suffer

Reaction score
I want to remove all the preinstalled bookmarks on the default browser, but when I long press it doesn't give the option to delete them.

Any suggestions?

jacksonj51

Reaction score
If you long press on any bookmark down at the bottom should be the option to delete it.

My recommendation is to go to the market and get 'mybookmarks' .... then export your bookmarks from your computers browser and upload them to 'rerware.com/mybookmarks (your html file).

Then simply go back to mybookmarks app on your phone and select 'delete all your Android bookmarks' and then 'import your bookmarks from rerware.com

OP
we_suffer

we_suffer

Reaction score
If you long press on any bookmark down at the bottom should be the option to delete it.

My recommendation is to go to the market and get 'mybookmarks' .... then export your bookmarks from your computers browser and upload them to 'rerware.com/mybookmarks (your html file).

Then simply go back to mybookmarks app on your phone and select 'delete all your Android bookmarks' and then 'import your bookmarks from rerware.com

Yeah I tried the long press on the preinstalled bookmarks, but the options for everything but delete show up. Is my bookmarks free?

hacku

Reaction score
I too am curious as to where to delete these. I have found a couple of xml files with the bookmarks in them, but they don't change as you delete them, so I don't think those are it.

The only two that aren't possible to delete is the Verizon bookmark and Google. Has anyone taken a shot at this?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
In DolphinHD browser, you have to click on the hard menu key, choose bookmarks, edit at the bottom and then you can long-press and delete them from the edit screen...

JWDX

Reaction score

Yeah I tried the long press on the preinstalled bookmarks, but the options for everything but delete show up. Is my bookmarks free?

Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom after the long press, the delete is towards the bottom.

Brains76

Reaction score
To remove the preinstalled verizon or google bookmarks do the following:
Go to your bookmarks
Switch to the ''Most Visited" or "History" tabs in bookmarks.
Find the offensive bookmark.
Hit the red star. It should say bookmark removed. (in kinda non obvious letters.)
It is a non obvious way to remove those bookmarks and way easier than the suggestions I have seen.

OutGolfn

Reaction score
Once I unchecked the red star in the "history tab", I long pressed the actual link and selected "remove from history" that seemed to finally get rid of them.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
To remove the preinstalled verizon or google bookmarks do the following:
Go to your bookmarks
Switch to the ''Most Visited" or "History" tabs in bookmarks.
Find the offensive bookmark.
Hit the red star. It should say bookmark removed. (in kinda non obvious letters.)
It is a non obvious way to remove those bookmarks and way easier than the suggestions I have seen.

You are AWESOME, thanks! :)