How to remove clockwork recovery?

Reaction score
I was rooted with the z4root, and installed bootstrap recovery. I want to unroot and have done so with the Z4root unroot button. I saw in another one of the forums I also needed to remove clockwork recovery. I cannot seem to find out how to do this. Can anybody help. Thanks Dave

JetNoize

Reaction score
Isn't there a "Bootstrapper" application under Settings>Applications>Manage Applications so you can remove it from there?

OP

Reaction score
I removed bootstrapper from there but it now boots into ClockworkMod everytime it boots up.

Last edited:

1barlog17

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I've been asking around and Koush told me to just keep the bootstrap recovery installed after u unroot, I did that and my phone boots up like normal but its still running off the recovery. From what I understand you have to go to terminal emulator and input a command to get it completely off. Here's what (RoOoLeR ) over at Droid X forums emailed me I haven't tried it yet so let me know if it works out for you. Also check out his rooting guide it helped me with alot of stuff :)
To remove Clockwork is very easy dont worry :) to remove it.. download Android terminal from the market and type the following in.. this information was pasted out of my guide. ->To Remove Clockworkmod<--su -mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 / system -rm /system/bin/logwrapper -rm /system/bin/hijack -cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper -mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 / system -reboot let me know if that helps. Karston Davis (RoOoLeR)

OP

Reaction score
OK but will the bootstrap recovery installed prevent getting any OTA updates?? And was all that info typed on one line? I just want to get my phone back to stock. and get the OTA as they come out (Like Gingerbread) I really don't know why I rooted it in the first place. Thanks for the help. Maybe somebody will be able to help me and then I will leave it alone. I also restored it to last week and now I have Bootstrapper reinstalled and am rerooted. Dave

Last edited:

XanRules

Reaction score
OK but will the bootstrap recovery installed prevent getting any OTA updates?? And was all that info typed on one line? I just want to get my phone back to stock. and get the OTA as they come out (Like Gingerbread) I really don't know why I rooted it in the first place. Thanks for the help. Maybe somebody will be able to help me and then I will leave it alone. I also restored it to last week and now I have Bootstrapper reinstalled and am rerooted. Dave
I'm preetttty sure you can still get OTA if you're rooted.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

XanRules

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem I've been asking around and Koush told me to just keep the bootstrap recovery installed after u unroot, I did that and my phone boots up like normal but its still running off the recovery. From what I understand you have to go to terminal emulator and input a command to get it completely off. Here's what (RoOoLeR ) over at Droid X forums emailed me I haven't tried it yet so let me know if it works out for you. Also check out his rooting guide it helped me with alot of stuff :)
To remove Clockwork is very easy dont worry :) to remove it.. download Android terminal from the market and type the following in.. this information was pasted out of my guide. ->To Remove Clockworkmod<--su -mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 / system -rm /system/bin/logwrapper -rm /system/bin/hijack -cp /system/bin/logwrapper.bin /system/bin/logwrapper -mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 / system -reboot let me know if that helps. Karston Davis (RoOoLeR)
And THEN you remove bootstrap, right?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

QrossPhyre

Reaction score
I tried doing this, but it says "Permission Denied" when I try to do anything in the terminal. I would like to get rid of Clockwork before I send my D2 back to Verizon for warranty work.

ilovechi23

Reaction score

hey i tried this and cant get it to work... is there any other way to remove clockwork?

1barlog17

Reaction score
I have no idea. I've been looking and asking around but nothin. I've pretty much given up but if u find anything let me know. Koush or someone should make a one click app to remove this from your phone. Good luck :)

OP

Reaction score
Try this to remove Clockworkmod Recovery:

This was given by Hostility6 and it worked for me.

1. Reroot
2. Get root explorer in the market
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.

This procedure worked fine for me on my Droid2 and several others have tried it and it worked for them to. 1943

t.noroeste

Reaction score
I now need clockworkmod again and i am having a hard time getting it to work. I think I need to undo the changes but dont know where to find the files that i deleted. i re installed bootstrapper but hijack and the original logwrappe arent there. just the one that i renamed. is it possible to dl those files somewhere?

MotoDroidTwo

Reaction score
try this to remove clockworkmod recovery:

This was given by hostility6 and it worked for me.

1. Reroot
2. Get root explorer in the market
3. Uninstall the bootstrap app
4. Go into root explorer to system/bin
5. In top right corner tap r/w
6. Delete the file called hijack
7. Delete logwrapper
8. Rename logwrapper.bin to just logwrapper
9. Reboot and it should be gone.

This procedure worked fine for me on my droid2 and several others have tried it and it worked for them to. 1943

genius!!!!!!!