How to remove applications (or their icons)

forumerker

Reaction score
I went to delete applications that I'll never use, but got a pop-up message informing me...

"Selected item can not be uninstalled."

They're just game demos or widgets I'm not going to use -- ever. There must be a way to delete them, or at least HIDE the ones you don't want cluttering up the applications zone.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you root you can remove them or freeze them or if you get a home replacement app like launcher pro you can hide them from the app drawer.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are several methods to root. Check the multiple phones link in my signature. Yes there is a free version of launcher pro in the marketplace.

tappin and a talkin

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spazz, take a look at the phone people are using. He has the LG Optimus T. We really don't have any information to offer him on how to root that phone or if it's even possible to root it.

OP, primarily we deal with phones from Verizon and your phone is T-Mobil. I'm sorry but we may not be able to help you with this one.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're right hook that's my mistake. However my recomendation for launcher pro still stands. If all you're looking to do is remove the bloat lp will hide it so at least its out of sight out of mind.

tappin and a talkin