How to place audio file with boot animations

mad96

Reaction score
I've tried root explorer, renaming the audio file to .ogg .mp3 , I'm just looking for a real no bs solution. thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I would like some info on this as well. Thanks for asking

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

I got this to work after a little research. You need to overwrite a file in the system/bin folder called bootanimation. Basically what this file does is tell the phone to allow audio files to be played on bootup. I've attached that file to my post. After that, you just put the bootanimation.zip and audio files in system/media folder and everything should work if you have the desc.txt file set up correctly in the bootanimation.zip file.

Also, note that if you created this bootanimation yourself and you've zipped the files, make sure you zip the folders (part0, part1 etc) in "store" compression mode. I use 7zip for this and using this mode does not encrypt or compress the data in the zip file.

This info was a lot of hit and miss research and testing. I hope it works for you guys.

****As always, MAKE A BACKUP!****

Attachments

• bootanimation-system-bin-file.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 340
Thanks! So extract this zip and overwrite the above mentioned file in /bin and I'm good?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Yep! That's it. You can rename the file in /bin already just in case it doesn't work

Sent from my DROID2

Back