How to monitor or disable incognito browsing in android phone??

wnh100

Reaction score
I would like to disable or block the ability to use incognito browsing on my sons Motorola M. Is uses google chrome, and I have not had any luck in finding a way to block or disable this option. If it is not possible to block or disable it, is there a way to monitor usage? I would like to keep google chrome as my default broswer if at all possible. Please advise and be as specific as possible if giving directions. I am willing to root the phone or do whatever needs to be done.

Thank you in advance.

xtor

Reaction score
I would like to disable or block the ability to use incognito browsing on my sons Motorola M. Is uses google chrome, and I have not had any luck in finding a way to block or disable this option. If it is not possible to block or disable it, is there a way to monitor usage? I would like to keep google chrome as my default broswer if at all possible. Please advise and be as specific as possible if giving directions. I am willing to root the phone or do whatever needs to be done.

Thank you in advance.

I was wondering this too + I want the google search I had on the razr is there a way to change browser from chrome to regular google search on a note 2

xtor

Reaction score
I was wondering this too + I want the google search I had on the razr is there a way to change browser from chrome to regular google search on a note 2

I figured it out

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome... you have a few possible options. You can install a 3rd party app that will monitor the default browser's (in this case Chrome, on the M anyway) usage and send you a report, whether it uses incognito mode or not. You also can't easily disable that app - but it's also not free. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it.

You could also disable Chrome completely and install another browser that doesn't have that ability. Even though I don't know one off the top of my head, as incognito mode has become a mainstay, I can't imagine there's not one out there.

There also are browsers out there that are focused on keeping things family friendly, just search "safe browser" or "safe browsing" in the play store and you should see a few. Again, you'll want to disable Chrome if your goal is to avoid that.

Hopefully that helps...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

OP
W

wnh100

Reaction score
3rd party app

JNTDroid, I tried sending you a private message but when I went to my "sent" box it didn't show anything. I wasn't sure if it went through or not, so I thought I would post on here as well.

Could you tell me more about 3rd party apps? I had looked into that before, not as a first option, but I was told by mobistealth that they could not monitor google chrome and I was told by stealth genie that they could not monitor incognito browsing, only regular browsing. Could you please advise or reccomend a specific third party app that would be able to monitor incognito as well?

I would prefer to keep google chrome as the default browser. Thank you so much for you input, and for everyone else's replys as well!

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
JNTDroid, I tried sending you a private message but when I went to my "sent" box it didn't show anything. I wasn't sure if it went through or not, so I thought I would post on here as well.

Could you tell me more about 3rd party apps? I had looked into that before, not as a first option, but I was told by mobistealth that they could not monitor google chrome and I was told by stealth genie that they could not monitor incognito browsing, only regular browsing. Could you please advise or reccomend a specific third party app that would be able to monitor incognito as well?

I would prefer to keep google chrome as the default browser. Thank you so much for you input, and for everyone else's replys as well!

No worries, I received both. You have to tell it to save your sent items.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

OP
W

wnh100

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete incognito browsing by rooting the phone? I have been searching and cannot find many other options. If someone knows how to do this, please let me know (step by step).

Thank you!!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Sorry, incognito mode can not be disabled or removed from chrome. An alternate browser without the function is the best option.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kgolden

Reaction score

Thank you in advance.

Did you have any success with this? I'm trying for find a same thing. There's so many mods out there it's hard to imagine that someone hasn't figured out how to do it yet.
As a side note someone mentioned that mobistealth could not monitor chrome. In fact they can, I have used them for a couple of years. Though they can't capture it if incognito mode is used while browsing.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Covenant Eyes will monitor Chrome if it's the stock system browser, whether it's in incognito mode or not. If Chrome isn't the stock system browser, it will tell you how long has been spent in the app, but can't actually monitor the browser activity. From their description:

"monitors and reports websites visited through the stock browser, Dolphin Browser, and Skyfire Web Browser. In addition, it reports when and for how long other apps were accessed."

So basically if Chrome happens to be the stock browser, it'll monitor it, regardless of incognito mode. I believe only the newer Moto devices and Nexus devices have Chrome as the actual system browser, though.

Also, it's not free - but it works! It also shows apps installed and time spent in each app.

Hopefully that made sense... typed that out in a bit of a hurry!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you were able to get this sorted out. DancingNexus

jnsm

Reaction score
Hi and welcome... you have a few possible options. You can install a 3rd party app that will monitor the default browser's (in this case Chrome, on the M anyway) usage and send you a report, whether it uses incognito mode or not. You also can't easily disable that app - but it's also not free. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it.
You could also disable Chrome completely and install another browser that doesn't have that ability. Even though I don't know one off the top of my head, as incognito mode has become a mainstay, I can't imagine there's not one out there.

There also are browsers out there that are focused on keeping things family friendly, just search "safe browser" or "safe browsing" in the play store and you should see a few. Again, you'll want to disable Chrome if your goal is to avoid that.

Hopefully that helps...

Could you please message me with what the program is as well? It would be highly appreciated.

danabelle21

Reaction score

Hopefully that helps...

Hi, I'm also searching for software to monitor Google chrome incognito mode on android phones. Please send me any info you have and thank you in advance.