How to modify LED notification light? a la "Missed Call" app

missrachel

Reaction score
Hey all! I am looking for an app or mod of some kind that will allow me to customize the LED notification light on my Droid when I receive a new email (via stock email client) as well as for missed calls. I am looking to keep the LED light solid - not blink, and customize the color as well.

A setting in my SMS Pop Up app allows me to do this for unread text messages. I formerly used an app called "Missed Call" which allowed me to do the same for missed calls, but it no longer works with Froyo.

I have not yet found ANYTHING that allows me to do this and I can't believe it! I know it is possible since I am able to do it for texts through SMS Pop Up! Any suggestions?? I am rooted running Lithium Mod.
:)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recall reading a post that compared an app to Missed Call but I can not find the thread or remember the name of the app. Sorry.

fpwind

Reaction score
bump!

I am also looking for this functionality. Any app recommendations?

donerico

Reaction score
There is no application that does it for emails. Your only option is to run a custom ROM. The only ones I am aware of that have LED customization that includes email are ShadowRom and Simply Stunning (CM also allows for this customization but I am not sure if email is included)

donerico

Reaction score
I recall reading a post that compared an app to Missed Call but I can not find the thread or remember the name of the app. Sorry.
You might be thinking of Blink, but it does not do email.

Viper323

Reaction score
CM6 will allow you to change the color of the LED for emails and has an option to change the blink rate but changing the blink rate never seems to do anything for me...

EDIT: I'm running it on a D1 btw