How to keep SD Card from mounting on PC

rbruceporter

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global, when I place it in the Multimedia cradle, it unmounts the SD card from the Droid and may or may not mount it on the PC.

I have tried Charge Only, Mass Storage, PC Mode, and Media Sync USB modes, no matter what mode the USB connection is in, as long as the Droid is in the cradle I cannot access media or other content on the SD card from the Droid. Since I assume the purpose of the Multimedia cradle among other things, is to let me access my media while it is in the cradle I am confused. How can I stop the Droid from unmounting the SD card from itself?

When I go into settings on the Droid, no matter what USB mode the Droid is in, the option to mount the SD Card is greyed out.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

OP
rbruceporter

rbruceporter

Reaction score
Appears I found an answer to this question. On this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/82031-usb-connection-modes.html which was in a DroidX forum is a great explanation of the various modes. Turns out PC Mode was what I wanted. I swear it did not work before but am willing to admit may well have been user error as it sure works now!

PC Mode - Keeps the SD Card mounted on the phone and on the PC.
Mass Storage Mode - SD Card is only available on PC
Charge Only - Weird mode, SD Card is not available anywhere
Media Mode - Support for MTP sync with Windows Media Center - SD Card only available on PC.

Hope this helps the next one with this question.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global, when I place it in the Multimedia cradle, it unmounts the SD card from the Droid and may or may not mount it on the PC.

I have tried Charge Only, Mass Storage, PC Mode, and Media Sync USB modes, no matter what mode the USB connection is in, as long as the Droid is in the cradle I cannot access media or other content on the SD card from the Droid. Since I assume the purpose of the Multimedia cradle among other things, is to let me access my media while it is in the cradle I am confused. How can I stop the Droid from unmounting the SD card from itself?

When I go into settings on the Droid, no matter what USB mode the Droid is in, the option to mount the SD Card is greyed out.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

When I have my debugging turned on the phone will stay in charged mode when that option is checked