Help - consistent problems accessing sd from PC

Pamela_E

Reaction score
I have a Droid global and consistently have problems accessing the sd card from my PC. If I go to Settings> SD Card and phone storage to Mount the card the option is unavailable indicating instead to insert and SD card for storage. I managed to connect it once and created some folders and copied files to the card, but now it no longer recognizes that the card is installed. I installed an app called Auto Mount but it had no effect. Help?

Some additional info - even though I used the camera just yesterday, when I go to the Gallery pictures and folders no longer show up - just the message SD card is unmounted or unavailable.

:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid global and consistently have problems accessing the sd card from my PC. If I go to Settings> SD Card and phone storage to Mount the card the option is unavailable indicating instead to insert and SD card for storage. I managed to connect it once and created some folders and copied files to the card, but now it no longer recognizes that the card is installed. I installed an app called Auto Mount but it had no effect. Help?

Some additional info - even though I used the camera just yesterday, when I go to the Gallery pictures and folders no longer show up - just the message SD card is unmounted or unavailable.

:icon_eek:

I think the problem is you're not doing it correctly.:)

Ok now so we're on the same page you're using the usb cord to attach to a computer, correct? When you do that simply pull the window shade down on the phone. You will see your options for mounting.

Now for PC's some say you can leave it on mass storage or select PC mode. If you have a Mac I can guarantee it will be Mass Storage.

OP
P

Pamela_E

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Hook. Still having problems. Yes, the phone is connected to my PC (Windows 7) via USB. When pulling down the window shade the only option I have is USB Connections. If I select PC mode, the PC does not recognize the the phone is connected. When I select USB Mass Storage I will see the phone in Windows Explorer, drive G in my case, but I see no folders, only some root files (driver installers, etc.)

OP
P

Pamela_E

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but exactly how do I do that? The option to mount under Settings is disabled.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Hook. Still having problems. Yes, the phone is connected to my PC (Windows 7) via USB. When pulling down the window shade the only option I have is USB Connections. If I select PC mode, the PC does not recognize the the phone is connected. When I select USB Mass Storage I will see the phone in Windows Explorer, drive G in my case, but I see no folders, only some root files (driver installers, etc.)

I've seen people report issues with Windows 7 and mounting from time to time. I don't know if it's the drivers or what it is however.

Here's something else you can do provided you have wifi. There is an app in the Market called Wifi Explorer Pro. Now what this app will do is set up a web address so you can obtain access to your sd card from your computer via internet.

Just trying to give you an alternative until you get it figured out.

Nasa

Reaction score
I have seen on XP 2 drives, the second one to show up is where I get to the user folders or directories,

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, Go Launcher, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.