How To Install CM10 on The HP TouchPad!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;3EOxQqltcpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3EOxQqltcpI[/video]

If you were one of the lucky few to get your hands on the HP Touchpad back in the fall of 2011 when they were selling out faster than Ipads I envy you. The tablet obviously flopped at release mainly because it was running a dead OS. The tablet was solidly built and was a steal at the $99 price point which is where it ended up. It was in such high demand there at the end that one student's hand drawing of the HP touchpad ended up attracting $1million + bids on ebay! As soon as the tablets hit the shelves they left the shelves and then ended up on ebay for $200 dollars. At the time there were no good affordable options like there are now with the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7. One reason I believe that the tablet was such a hit is because the mod community knew that eventually Android would be ported over to the tablet by way of Cyanogen Mod. Just a few short months after the HP Touchpad sold out everywhere a developer did manage to get CM7 fully ported over to the tablet.

Recently developer "Jcsullins" has released an unofficial preview build of CM10 for the Touchpad! This version has fully working sound, fully working camera, and fully working microphone! Above you will find a video showing you how to install this experimental build. You will want to make sure that you have made a proper nandroid backup before proceeding. I wish i had been able to snag one of these.

Download the Test Build Here

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I got mine for free from HP. We buy a lot of servers and desktops from then so they hookedus up with a few as they were discontinued.

detroitwilly

Reaction score
I think since my previous installations were under the guidance of @dtrobo13 I had better wait until this mod is solid enough for him to make a video. Nothing against this video but I have a feeling that an amateur like myself should not go switching instructors at this point.

I am interested to see how this mod works out for people.

Reaction score
Detroitwilly, applying cm10 after using cm9 is like jumping from windows vista to windows 7. A lot of annoying little things got fixed like the home screen grid screwing up when turning the tablet around. Once I installed I was very happy I did.

slackergeek

Reaction score
I think since my previous installations were under the guidance of @dtrobo13 I had better wait until this mod is solid enough for him to make a video. Nothing against this video but I have a feeling that an amateur like myself should not go switching instructors at this point.

I am interested to see how this mod works out for people.

i am very satisfied and happy after switching from cm9 to cm10 build 20130303. you can actually feel the difference of fluidity and performance compared to cm9,well its just my opinion after using my TP more than a week now. just make a backup of your cm9 then make a clean wipe also clear the partition and do the flashing and then dont forget to grab gapps for jellybean. im sure you wont reigret jumping to new rom like this :) happy flashing! and thanks to jcsullins for making this possible.

Mickie08

Reaction score
This is my FINAL VERSION of my Idiots Guide for the HP Touchpad. Now that a stable enough version of CM10 is available, I finally created a guide for you.