Unbrick Your HP TouchPad With TPDebrick v004

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you were one of the few that had the opportunity to grab up an HP Touchpad during the fire sale chances are you rooted it and replaced that fugly old WebOS. I never had the chance to pick up an HP Touchpad. They were always sold out, but if I had I would have instantly flashed Cyanogen Mod. If you did decide to get rid of the WebOS in favor of Android you run the risk of bricking your device. This is always a risk when modding a device. The development community is always good about providing us with the tools we need to recover our devices. Developer "jcsullins" has produced the "TPDebrick" tool. This tool has actually been around for a while. This tool will allow you to recover otherwise unrecoverable HP Touchpads. This will recover touchpads with corrupted raw partitions, corrupted bootloaders, or corrupted A6 firmware. This tool should prove to be invaluable for any of you who have ever been in such an unfortunate situation. Head to the link below for the download.

Via Rootzwiki

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have a couple of these and have them set up to dual boot CM and WebOS. I wasn't aware there was a way to just have Android as the CM team did not allow you to single boot CM.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i never owned one. I could have sworn that CM did release a build of Cyanogen Mod with a way to install it? Maybe not.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I still got my touchpad. It's been very good to me for the time I've had it. And yes it sat for a while waiting for the Android hack but since then it's ran flawless. I haven't even checked for any updates in a while. It serves it's purpose well. Mainly it sits on my night stand and is my Netflix outlet before bed.