How to go from stock Froyo to GB

wardy22

Reaction score
There's a lot of information on the forums about the new GB release and how to get to it from multiple places and I am thoroughly confused. I just got a replacement Droid X in the mail today so it is completely stock blur 2.3.340, no root, no anything. All I want to do is Install the Apex 2.0.0 ROM and to do that i need to be on GB. I just don't know how to get there from where i am

Basically I just want some simple instructions on how to get to the new Apex ROM from stock, unrooted blur.

tjm999

Reaction score
Can anyone help with the original question - how to go from stock 2.3.340 to GB?
Thanks.

meshdub

Reaction score
Here is what I did just yesterday to get to .595:
- SBF back to 2.3.340
- Root with z4root, install bootstrap
- Install original GB leak (was it .571? I don't remember. Edit: just read that .588 works as well). I'm not sure if the other ones are full system files or just the patches for the original leak. .595 is a patch for sure.
- Install bootstrap again. If you use Droid X bootstrap, make sure USB debugging is disabled. Droid 2 version should work fine in any case.
- Apply .595 leak

Done
I didn't include any links to other forums because I don't know if they are allowed.