Gingerbread ROMS comparable in speed to Blurless Froyo?

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I am one of the people that absolutely hates blur, and one of the few people that hate the new gingerbread blur as I tried playing around with the .588 leak.

I really only like blurless roms (Rubix Focused, Fission, etc), and I'm wondering how the new gingerbread roms compare as far as speed and fluidity. Apex 2.0 GB is looking very appealing right now...

Just wondering what other people thought...

BuddhaDroidX

Reaction score
aefec239-f5f7-ae45.jpg
I am one of the people that absolutely hates blur, and one of the few people that hate the new gingerbread blur as I tried playing around with the .588 leak.

I really only like blurless roms (Rubix Focused, Fission, etc), and I'm wondering how the new gingerbread roms compare as far as speed and fluidity. Apex 2.0 GB is looking very appealing right now...

Just wondering what other people thought...

I am running the new .591 Liberty Gingerbread v0.5 and have been with them since v0.1 I was a huge Rubix Focused fan and only decided to give Liberty another whirl when they offered the Gingerbread...Have had only a couple of minor issues thru the different version so far and have to say that this latest v0.5 is absolutely amazing ...it also includes the new Liberty Customizer which alliows to between or swap back and forth between blur and asop app...good stuff indeed..the only additional thing I hav flashed over the build were the Imoseyon v6.2.1 tweaks...I use an extended moto battery and my battery is lasting between 12-14 hours of pretty standard use...I use JRummy's Overclocker and using the Interactive Governor and set to ULV 1200 mhz...other than that its basically right out of the box...The rom is smooth as butter and stay cool while being faster than I have ever seen on this fone. The image above is my Quadrant Bench Score:) Thats a 2002 on a fone that has never run over 1700

That's my story and I'm st st st stickin to it...and sticking with Liberty for a while I do believe:-D Hope this helps!

Sent from my Bada@@ Liberated GB v0.5 DX

Last edited:

yearn

Reaction score
I ran Rubix Focused for a long time before the GB update came out and I think GB is way faster even with Blurr.
Im looking forward to some blurrless GB ROMs, but ill never go back to Froyo.
Im running ZombieStomped right now and loving it!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I used Rubix Focused exclusively and loved it. However, GB, even the pure stock one I felt was faster. I am now running ZombieStomp GB and its even faster. Stuff like scrolling and transitions look smoother. The new blur is kinda ok. Its not pissing me off but at the same time, I dont' want to run LauncherPro over blur. When I had Rubix, I removed ADW and the google launcher. Frankly, give it a shot. Only thing I wish I could change was having an extra button at the bottom. 3 + the app drawer is one too short for me.

I can run Quadrant 5 or so times and each time its around 1950.

Last edited:
OP
supermandroid

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Cool! This has helped immensely guys :) I'm such a nut when it comes to fluidity and speed. Liberty may be my next ROM... mainly because of no blur ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BuddhaDroidX

Reaction score
Cool! This has helped immensely guys :) I'm such a nut when it comes to fluidity and speed. Liberty may be my next ROM... mainly because of no blur ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Just so you know if you decide to go with the Liberty GB I posted about the version 0.4 was releaded to the public yesterday...its based off the .588 gb leak and is solid and fast and the new Liberty Customizer is included.. READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!! After you get that up and goin if you want you can install version 0.5 which will bring you up to the new .591 gb...v0.5 is available in the 5 dollar donate version of Liberty Toolbox under the Nightlies section...its worth the upgrade and donation imo....also if speed and fluidity are your thing then you really want to apply the imoseyon 6.2.1 tweaks after you install either version...the zip is readily found at his site...Enjoy!

Sent from my Bada@@ Liberated GB v0.5 DX