How to get your own .srm save files to work in Snesoid!

Delirious17

Reaction score
I do a lot of emulators outside of the Droid and have had my own .srm save files for a while (the actual battery save files you could extract from a SNES game cartridge) but I was so irritated they wouldn't work til lately...

Snesoid will now save your game it seems on its own but saving it as a .sav file...I thought to myself, what if I renamed my .srm files to .sav? IT FREAKIN WORKED! I GOT MY SUPER METROID FULL POWER SAVE TO WORK!

So here's the fun part...

SNES SRMSavestates - Zophar's Domain

A ton of .srm save files :)

Here's the thing though, make sure the .sav file you rename from the .srm extension is the EXACT same name as the rom you are trying to load.

e.g. I have Super_Metroid.smc. I download a .srm file and rename it to Super_Metroid.sav and keep them in the same directory. Wala, success.

I also do believe they have to be the same region for them to work together (both the save file and the rom itself)

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Is this still the case for you? I've been trying to get my SRMs to work by renaming them to SAV or sav and it seems to have no effect.

Or, it may be that the emulator has been updated to no longer accept save files. I'm having the same issue with GENoid, and with GBCoid, but not GameBoid...

Or it could be that I'm using all Lite versions...

Last edited:

Reaction score
@ohioDroid, I have been trying to find out how to use my GBA savestates in Gameboid, did you say that you were able to do it? CAn you help me out? I am 3/4 of the way through the Minish Cap and I switched phones and can't get my saved games to work on my new phone!