Need some help with emulators

sunnyday76

Reaction score
hey i'm trying to run snesoid nesoid and gensoid and i am having the same problem with all three. once i try to load the rom the screen goes black for a second like i'm loading it then i'm back on my desktop. no force close message and when i check my task manager it says the emulator is still running.
here is what i have tried. For chrono trigger i downloaded it from a handful of diffirent rom sites sent a zipped and unzipped copy to my phone and put in a file called snes. then i tried to find them with the emulator. i found a bunch of sms chrono trigger files but all resulted in the above mentioned problem. then i tried unzipping the zipped file with androzip. same thing. so i deleted both and downloaded one directly to the android from another site. it was in a txt format so i used the save link option then renamed it with astro to a .7z file. then used androzip to unzip it and move it to the snes folder. once again the emulator was able to find the file but when trying to load it it kicked me out. it is the same when i tried altered beast and sonic on the gensoid as well as excitebike and castlevania on the nesoid

Please help. i am probably missing something obvious like something i need to set in the settings menu of the droid itself but i have been trying for a while and can't figure it out.

Thanks

Diordna

Reaction score
You did this?

Freeroms.com
Snes
-game- (save download link)
Androzip (or astro)
Rename it .7z
Extract
Try them until it works

If that doesn't work. Go to Astro and try renaming it there instead of androzip, sometimes you can't do everything with androzip, can get iffy.

OP
S

sunnyday76

Reaction score
First off thank you for the reply. Yup I tried that. Renaming it though astro. Worked fine. Got a folder full of sms files. All of them give me the black screen and kick me though

td854

Reaction score
First off thank you for the reply. Yup I tried that. Renaming it though astro. Worked fine. Got a folder full of sms files. All of them give me the black screen and kick me though

Are you saying the files are .sms? because they should be .smc or .sfc for the roms as far as I know.

Diordna

Reaction score

Every single ROM you tried does this???

Maybe it's the emulator. Try uninstalling it then reinstalling it then try

OP
S

sunnyday76

Reaction score
Sorry sms was a typo. They are smc and smd files. That being said it looks like it was a problem with the emulators. I tried the lite version from the market and I got ff5 to run. Thank you all for the help