How to download roms from your phone and play games

Roiyaru

Reaction score
I went through all the steps listed, well tried too, but when I got to opening and extracting the file from Astro it didn't give me an extract option and I'm kind of at a loss of what to do now.

Inverse

Reaction score
jeez, why are you guys doing everything the hard way. Just download the roms onto your computer and transfer them over, simple as that

...I don't know why this is, but I don't see a lot of people talking about Rom Gripper in here. It's probably the most convenient ways to download roms to your phone. It has an integrated feature in all the "oid" emulators.

Rom Gripper is on the Android Market, and will pull the game you search for directly to your phone and then plays it. Yes, you keep the rom. No unpacking, no unzipping~ no ridiculousness.

The only reason you would ever need to get it off your PC is if it's a game Rom Gripper doesn't have. I don't know why anyone would suggest the manual method when the feature is already on your phone. You don't even have to open a web browser.

jstme

Reaction score
Thank you, it works!

If an old fart with his first smart phone can do it, it works! (But not the first try) READ AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!

My mistakes:

I down loaded the emulator for NES, then downloaded Nintendo 64 games, no workey <duh>

On the freerom page, I clicked "download now" , but *not the ROM download*

Astro: After extracting, the emulator did not see the file, only the ZIP......refresh key helped here!

If a dolt like me can do it.........

Thanks again! Mike

DroidToro

Reaction score
I found an app called "emulator roms" that makes the process brainless. App store interface with easy access to emulators and roms