How to get rid of VCAST Media web page when I plug in X

renthorin

Reaction score
Every time I plug my X into the laptop, it fires up my browser and opens a page on Verison's site, "introducing VCAST media manager".

How do I keep that from happening?

Thanks,

Will

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This happens with DX is in PC MODE when hooked up to a PC. Its easy to fix. Plug your DX into your computer. Find the little blue and white motorola "M" that is in your bar on the right hand corner of your task bar. Right click on it and select "when connects, launch" and set it from webpage to "nothing".

sboswellaz

Reaction score
I jsut got the Droid X and I love these forums. There is not a question I have not asked that does not get answered. Hopefully i will be able to help someone else at some point.

dholshouser

Reaction score
Ok, same question, different phone. I've got an HTC Incredible so I don't have a "little blue and white motorola "M" that is in your bar on the right hand corner of your task bar" so I can't modify this setting. Any other way to get at this configuration?

Warner

Reaction score
This happens with DX is in PC MODE when hooked up to a PC. Its easy to fix. Plug your DX into your computer. Find the little blue and white motorola "M" that is in your bar on the right hand corner of your task bar. Right click on it and select "when connects, launch" and set it from webpage to "nothing".

Thanks! That was a minor annoyance of mine as well. It was never annoying enough to actually look for a solution...Hahah....but I'm glad I stumbled across this answer.....

Warner

dkst0426

Reaction score
Brilliant. Thank you, backnblack! I looked all over the phone to no avail. Didn't even think to check the icon.

daveku1

Reaction score
this thread was the first site that showed up when i searched for this question. thx for the response backnblack!

dholshouser

Reaction score
Found a work around for the HTC incredible:
dial ##7764726
then hit call
password 000000 (6 zeroes)
goto feature settings
goto cdrom
disable
hit menu button
commit modifications
says no item is changed but should disable autoplay feature.

phatkat66

Reaction score

Thanks! That was a minor annoyance of mine as well. It was never annoying enough to actually look for a solution...Hahah....but I'm glad I stumbled across this answer.....

Warner

+1 Same here.... I was like "stupid page...." but jus kept going lol glad I look at these forums while im at work.

warnoldscu

Reaction score
dial ##7764726
then hit call
goto feature settings
goto cdrom
disable
hit menu button
commit modifications

Just joined the forums with this issue as the tipping point for me to switch from ignoring VZW bloat to actively trying to fix it.... worked perfectly on my Incredible, thanks!

-Weston

beachlife

Reaction score
dial ##7764726
then hit call
goto feature settings
goto cdrom
disable
hit menu button
commit modifications

Thanks. Verizon Droid Incredible here, works like a charm

AnthonyP

Reaction score
I was just about to return this phone just because of this issue. I thought it was a one-time thing, but when it kept showing up, plus killing my connection to the Sync applications, I was ready to box it up and tell VZW to go pound salt.

The workaround saved a customer. Many, many thanks.