Vcast Media Manager

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP! I'm losing it here!

Every time I plug my phone in to my PC, it hijacks internet explorer (running or not) and goes to the Vcast Media Manager mad-ware page where it plays some stupid video about how great it is.

I have the audio from the first three seconds of that damn ad stuck in my head because I've only been forced to listen to it about 30 times.

Its flat-out MALWARE!!

I just rooted. PLEASE... tell me how I can get this rid of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha that's not a virus its supposed to do that..

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

mac6324

Reaction score
Buy root explorer from market. Open Root Explorer >mount R / W >select etc > long press CDROM.ISO > rename > CDROM.ISO.bak > Mount R /O , back out of app. Problem solved.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Ok... maybe not a virus, but mad-ware for sure. Either way, its gotta go.

Someone out there has to have a bullet for this.

Please... anyone?

littlerick

Reaction score
how about click on the m symbol and click do nothing when you hook up your device

mac6324

Reaction score
No M symbol, this is a HTC Device, not Motorola. And no matter what you do it starts up and launches a web page selling Verizon crap until you delete the program or rename it.

moracca

Reaction score
Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Hit Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications

no rooting necessary.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Moracca

That's cool! What is that menu called and are there others like it?

I'll do so and try it out later today.

Thanks!

moracca

Reaction score
I'm not really sure. I would imagine there are more secret menus, but I don't know how to access them. There are however some more options available in this menu other than turning off the cdrom image. I haven't played around with it much. I only found out about this one while searching for a resolution to pdanet not working after the update. The vcast popup was interfering with my ability to connect to pdanet, I was getting a 'usb connection dropped' message. I looked on pdanet's website for a fix, and found it here:
PdaNet for Android FAQ
"USB Connection Dropped, code=1 This error can be caused by various scenarios. See below for details.
First of all make sure the USB connection is secured on both sides and see if it helps.
If you have a Verizon Incredible phone and have updated to Froyo (Android 2.2), the new update opens a CD ROM image on your computer to promote the Verizon Vcast Media Manager which interferes with the PdaNet connection. You should turn it off with the following steps:
Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password 000000
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Hit Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications
Now when you plugin your phone again, PdaNet should start working."

Last edited: