vcast web page

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok so this recently started happenin. whenever i plug in my DROID 2 into my pc, i get this annoying page opened in my browser telling me about vcast or something like that...is there a way to stop that from happenin..

solar

Reaction score
I know exactly what you are talking about and it is very annoying. I just haven't spent any time trying to figure a way to stop it. I'll have to dig around the net....

belome

Reaction score
Well, I will agree its super annoying... but not enough to force me to find a way to stop it.

If it didn't happen before, is it possible you had your phone set to charge only? I've never looked into changing that setting personally.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it is annoying and I am still playing around with trying to figure out how to stop it

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, I will agree its super annoying... but not enough to force me to find a way to stop it.

If it didn't happen before, is it possible you had your phone set to charge only? I've never looked into changing that setting personally.
well wether its on charge only or the others, it still happens =[

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
mine will every once in awhile, just drop connection then reestablish connection and then the page will automatically upload in the foremost tab.... Very interupting when I'm surfing for po....... uh... popular music.... ;p

either way, it's jst annoying, not to the point of really searching out the problem... and I've tried all the settings, Data, charge only, etc....

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
well, thanks.... since reading this page, mine has had an issue of doing what I mentioned above, over and over and over and over..... Seems like it's happend 20 times tonight. Why I'm thanking you is now it bugs me lol

my only follow up question is, are you using PDANet, or Easytether? I'm using Easytetherpro. Does this happen with PDANet, too, or just Easytether? I don't want to buy PDANet if I don't have to, but at some point, this is going to drive me nuts....

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
When you plug your phone in you will see a motorla icon pop up in the windows notification area. Right click on icon, when phone connects and select nothing.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
When you plug your phone in you will see a motorla icon pop up in the windows notification area. Right click on icon, when phone connects and select nothing.
haha dude u r a lifesaver...motorola icon is so small i couldnt see it haha THANKs

papelet

Reaction score
haha dude u r a lifesaver...motorola icon is so small i couldnt see it haha THANKs
ok, thanks for that!!! i was about to get the service maybe that way it'll stop :biggrin:

solar

Reaction score
lol, well that was easy. I would feel like more of a tard if I had actually tried to figure it out, lol. my Laziness saves me again! Thanks for the tip Motaboy

kckndrgn

Reaction score
OK, sorry if this is an old thread, but I have an Incredible and I get the annoying pop-up and website loaded every time.

However, there is no "motorola" icon on my toolbar, nothing, just the "USB" devices icon, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas? This is on Win XP, with a Droid Incredible.

Thanks in advance!

solar

Reaction score
your system tray is fully expanded by clicking the lttle > or < so that you can see all icons?