How to get rid of "Favorites"

wil318466

Reaction score
but, not a starred favorite.

Example - if you hit "phone" there are 4 tabs at the top. Phone/Call Log/ Contacts/Favorites.

That list of favorites is the concern. There are people on there that I never entered. Apparently, these aren't "Starred" contacts, which makes them a favorite, it is a frequently called people (even though some people I've only called 1-5 times).

Apparently there is NO way to reset this list (barring a reset). Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Any apps that may be able to wipe this?

-Wil

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The question i have is, what is it that bugs you about this? I know that will probably be taken in the wrong context but i'm trying to figure out, do you want this list to really only be your favorites that you add to it?

OP
W

wil318466

Reaction score
The question i have is, what is it that bugs you about this? I know that will probably be taken in the wrong context but i'm trying to figure out, do you want this list to really only be your favorites that you add to it?

Well, its a privacy issue. I don't want someone picking up my phone and saying "oh you called so and so, they are one of your favorite people" or whatever. In all honesty there shouldn't be "automatic" lists. They should be able to be adjusted/deleted.

-Wil

thegipper

Reaction score
After searching around for awhile, i guess it can't be done. Unless someone else can figure it out. The contacts options leave alot to be desired.

Droids

Reaction score
If you really have to get rid of them, there is a way. I exported my contacts from gmail to a csv file in order to edit them in Excel because I was having strange issues after merging. I then deleted all my contacts in gmail, including those listed under "Most Contacted". When the Droid sync'd, all contacts were gone, including Favorites and Frequently Called. Then I imported my fixed contacts and no numbers were listed under Frequently Called, just those that were starred under Favorites.

Some folks have reported that some contact got listed under frequently called when in fact that contact had never been called, at least not recently, and I had that issue as well as some duplicate contacts I could not get rid of. Exporting and cleaning them up in Excel fixed every issue I had.

I do think there should be a purge option in the menu to erase frequently called numbers.

karma317

Reaction score
yes there is a way. you need to get Call Log Assisstant app it costs $1.50. you can then get rid of frequently called.