How to get a Rooted Revolution from trying the OTA update ???

Cybie257

Reaction score
Also, I do have another question for you: What will the clockwork mod do? Is it worth installing?
2)Can I install apps for the iphone on my rooted revo? I REALLY want scrabble blast, but I cant get it for android.

Again,
Thank you SO much for all your help and also your instructions that I happened to come across while searching google.

You're welcome and glad to see you got it done.

As far as iPhone apps. To not be wrong, I'll state it this way... As far as I would understand, no, you wouldn't be able to install iPhone apps. It would be like trying to install Windows apps on a Mac. Two different beasts. Now, I stated it this way because there may be some unknown way to make such thing work. Maybe a translator out there??? Don't know. That does bring up something to search for and see if it's even remotely possible...

Installing the clockwork mod will allow you to install custom ROMs, such as Revolt1.3 that I am currently using. It's lightweight, fast, and gets rid of the Bing crapware. Netflix is smooth, apps install much quicker, and overall, just better. The ROM also is built upon the V6 update, giving you most, not all, of the fixes, one being that you don't have the annoying thing of the keyboard popping up as soon as you open up messaging (texts).

I won't say 'do it', but highly recommend it if you like performance.... It does strip out a few other things, though, like swype (I use alot) and 4g Hotspot, which I use/pay for since i use mobile computing alot and wish not to have any vot (violation of terms) issues, plus it was only $30extra for unlimited since I was grandfathered in. :) The swype and hotspot can be installed, just have to go through some steps, but if you got past this part, that is easy. :)

-Cybie

denpad2010

Reaction score
i have the same problem i cant find the dll file....and the next step looking for the tot file i see a message thatthe file is no proper type.... so i am affraid to click start what i have to do help please thanks

ally3447

Reaction score
i have the same problem i cant find the dll file....and the next step looking for the tot file i see a message thatthe file is no proper type.... so i am affraid to click start what i have to do help please thanks

To get the program to find the dll file: you will need to copy the dll into Windows-->System 32 (my post #29) Then make sure you right click and register the dll.

..about the tot file.. I never got that error. I can try to help or cybie will be able to figure it out, but you'll need to post a screen shot.

DO NOT start it until you have followed all the steps! I dont know what could happen, and you dont wanna brick your phone.

Hope you can find the dll file now.

P.S. You are on the LG Revolution, right? (I only ask because on the left it says your phone is the DroidX)

denpad2010

Reaction score
hi thanks for fast reply....i did i moved to sstem32 but still can register gave an error....and the tot i will try to post a screenshot thanks

here the screenshot

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 400

ally3447

Reaction score
hi thanks for fast reply....i did i moved to sstem32 but still can register gave an error....and the tot i will try to post a screenshot thanks

No problem.

Also post a screen shot of your dll register error.. (post a screenshot any time that you get an error; it helps for speedier fixes and such :) )

denpad2010

Reaction score
yeah is the revolution lol

i think the tot error is because still need the dll first to proceed i guess....

denpad2010

Reaction score
this is the error when tring to register the dll

Attachments

• dll error.jpg
    dll error.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 410

ally3447

Reaction score
yeah is the revolution lol

i think the tot error is because still need the dll first to proceed i guess....

No, I found the tot file before the dll.. but, I could be wrong. maybe redownload the tot file.. What OS are you running?

ally3447

Reaction score
Do you have the dll file in the Models folder as well? (You had to make this folder yourself)

ally3447

Reaction score
yes i made the folder and im running windows 7 64

hmm. thats interesting. Im running windows 7 32 bit. I think I google the dll error when I got it. try that and see what some of the microsoft forums say. There could be something we are both forgetting to do

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
hmm. thats interesting. Im running windows 7 32 bit. I think I google the dll error when I got it. try that and see what some of the microsoft forums say. There could be something we are both forgetting to do

Are you saying you're on the V6 update and it's rooted? Or, did you downgrade to V4 then root?

Vito91

Reaction score
Successful downgrade and root using windows xp

Was able to use this method on Windows XP and it worked like a dream. Thanks tons for all the information

meabrams

Reaction score
For Those of you having issues with the .DLL file in windows 7......

1.) Make sure you created the Models and copied the VS910.dll file in to the correct place ---> C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\
2.) Reboot PC (not needed but its a good idea if you have been running into the issues of installing this)
3.) In Start Menu Search Type "CMD" it will bring up the Command Prompted program (aka Virtual DOS.)
4.) Right click on Command Prompted, and click on Run as administrator.
5.) Type 'regsvr32.exe "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\VS910.dll" and it should install correctly.' I would suggest rebooting after this then running the tool. (If you have your software installed on any other drive replace the C: with whatever drive letter the software is installed on ie G: )

If this doesn’t work or errors out (I had issues with this the first time around... that and I have OS and software loaded on G drive which doesnt help to much when you copy paste to try to make it faster)
Still in the command prompt (hit enter after each line)
Type: cd\
Type: cd lg electronics
Type: cd lgnpst
Type: cd models
Type: regsvr32.exe VS910.dll

I know there is a quicker way to get straight in to the Models folder but this way you will know that every folder is there and if it’s not then you will have an idea where the issue lies.

IF you have any more issues refer to either Droidforums How to go back to stock V4 thread by spc_hicks or XDA [FIX] Updated by accident thread by hilong8.