How to fully backup Droid 4

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I tried backing up my phone's apps and settings using Clockwork Mod's ROM Manager, but I don't think it's yet compatible with the Droid IV. I'd like to back up as much as I can—even all the app settings, if possibe. I'm hoping someone here will kindly shed some light in the matter.

Thanks a lot in advance! :happy3:

GigaJake

Reaction score
Clockwork Mod is soooo yesterday.

Haha, check out SafeStrap 3 from Hashcode:
goo.im/devs/Hashcode

Which works similar to CWM (while actually is based of TWRP, but I digress) and utilizes a dual boot system to ensure you always have a working phone. Making a back up of your stock, or any rom slot will create a "snapshot" of your system. Apps, data, everything is preserved.

If you want to backup apps and data without all that hassle, invest in Titanium Backup Pro. It'll backup apps + data to your SD card.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Clockwork Mod is soooo yesterday.

Haha, check out SafeStrap 3 from Hashcode:
goo.im/devs/Hashcode

Which works similar to CWM (while actually is based of TWRP, but I digress) and utilizes a dual boot system to ensure you always have a working phone. Making a back up of your stock, or any rom slot will create a "snapshot" of your system. Apps, data, everything is preserved.

If you want to backup apps and data without all that hassle, invest in Titanium Backup Pro. It'll backup apps + data to your SD card.

I have TiB Pro, but don't know if its backup capabilities (which I have yet to know and master) are as good or better than a full copy of my phone's actual state. I just want what's best, even if I need to spend some more green and energy (just to avoid spending another couple hours setting everything up again). Backing up to the cloudnseems more reliable than to my SD, since I may (hopefully not) lose it.

Thanks again or your

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
Sorry that the last couple of lines came out terrible. Using the forum via website from my XYboard totally sucks when it comes to editing text.

But really, thank you for your suggestions. I really know so little about this cool hacking stuff. :blink:

GigaJake

Reaction score
No problem. Honestly TiB pro is extremely useful because you can export the back ups and work with apps individually. Backing up your entire system is only really worth it if you plan to restore the entire system.

OP
Rocky

Rocky

Reaction score
No problem. Honestly TiB pro is extremely useful because you can export the back ups and work with apps individually. Backing up your entire system is only really worth it if you plan to restore the entire system.

Well, it's like if I need to get a new phone or hard reset this one, I'd like to be able to just reinstall the copy of how this phone is setup right this moment (since it can take a long time). So, from what I understand from what you said, I'm assumig I can do thay just from TiB. I'll be giving it a try.

Thanks again, Jake.

GigaJake

Reaction score
No no, if you want to take an exact snapshot of your phone and restore to that than use safestrap.

TiB = backup individual apps and restore to any compatible system

SS backup = backs up the entire phone exactly and can only be restored using SS