How to find ESN on RAZR MAXX?

Joe Droid

Reaction score
Looking to buy a used RAZR MAXX via Craigslist (I know, this can be really stupid), but there are some really good deals now that lots of people are dumping Verizon.

I will want to meet at a Verizon store and have it activated before I pay for it to play it safe. However, I can check the ESN now just to make sure that at least right now it's ok.

My wife has a RAZR and for the life of me I can't figure out how to find the ESN. On my Droid X2, I just remove the battery and it's right there, easy to read. Since the RAZR doesn't have a replaceable battery, I guess the rear cover doesn't come off? So, where do I find the ESN?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Inside the sdcard/sim card cover on left side of phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I believe it's also listed under Settings -> About phone -> Status. It's the IMEI number.

OP
Joe Droid

Joe Droid

Reaction score
Oh, ok. I saw the IMEI number on the access flap. Just thought I needed the ESN.

Thanks!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Oh, ok. I saw the IMEI number on the access flap. Just thought I needed the ESN.

Thanks!

Technically, there is no "ESN" on most phones anymore. The same type of identifying number is present, but it's called something else now (although most people still refer to it as an ESN since it serves the same purpose). On Verizon devices, the IMEI is now what the ESN used to be.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So call it the IMEIESN :D lol

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yes under the door and in settings, here in southern cal as soon as the hit 300 bucks they were sold. I hit one lowered to 325 close by and snagged it.