How to dry the water underneath the screen?

sc98007

Reaction score
I dropped my droid into a dish bowl filled with semi-dirty water (hey at least it wasn't a toilet bowl) I fished it almost instantly. Removed battery and put it to dry underneath the fan for hours. Then I put it in a bag of silica packets for more than 24 hours. However, while even while the indicator does NOT show the water damage here are my problems:

(1) While typing this on physical keyboards, many keys will double
(2) I have an annoying water print underneath my screen, is surrounds all the screen edges (50%+ of screen area) and it looks like the map of Norway. It is most noticeable in the light backgrounds.

Any solutions? Or I should thank it was not worse? Or I should expect worse?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dropped my droid into a dish bowl filled with semi-dirty water (hey at least it wasn't a toilet bowl) I fished it almost instantly. Removed battery and put it to dry underneath the fan for hours. Then I put it in a bag of silica packets for more than 24 hours. However, while even while the indicator does NOT show the water damage here are my problems:

(1) While typing this on physical keyboards, many keys will double
(2) I have an annoying water print underneath my screen, is surrounds all the screen edges (50%+ of screen area) and it looks like the map of Norway. It is most noticeable in the light backgrounds.

Any solutions? Or I should thank it was not worse? Or I should expect worse?

You should be thankful it's not worst.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

This is how you should have handled it. I would shut it off and follow the directions in the link.

Reaction score
TAKE THE BATTERY OUT NOW. JEEBUS.

It's not necessarily water that's bad for electronics. it's water plus electricity. If you get anything electronic wet, don't power it up until the water is completely gone. I don't care if it takes a week.

OP
S

sc98007

Reaction score
The screen is finally dry but the keyboad still malfunctions. Here the test:
Qwertyuiopasdfggghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopaassdffghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuioopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuioppasdfghjkkllzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopaasdffghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopasdfghhjklzxccvbnmm
Qwertyuiopaasdfghjklzxccvbnm
Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

The eighth time it worked without double pressing, but I had to presss very fast

Do you think if I type aa lot onn the keyboard it will dry out nd work again?

Reaction score
The screen is finally dry but the keyboad still malfunctions. Here the test:
Qwertyuiopasdfggghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopaassdffghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuioopasdfghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuioppasdfghjkkllzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopaasdffghjklzxcvbnm
Qwertyuiopasdfghhjklzxccvbnmm
Qwertyuiopaasdfghjklzxccvbnm
Qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

The eighth time it worked without double pressing, but I had to presss very fast

Do you think if I type aa lot onn the keyboard it will dry out nd work again?

Are you trolling, or dumb?

OP
S

sc98007

Reaction score
I am jusr looking for advice: will presing keys make the matter better or worrse? From my experience the sccreen dries out faster and with no side effects (I checked foor dead pixels with an app) when its turned on. Water evvaporates when thhe equipment is used.. Unused equipment can corrode. So telllingg to keep the phhone off for a week may be an incorrect advviicee.

Reaction score
I am jusr looking for advice: will presing keys make the matter better or worrse? From my experience the sccreen dries out faster and with no side effects (I checked foor dead pixels with an app) when its turned on. Water evvaporates when thhe equipment is used.. Unused equipment can corrode. So telllingg to keep the phhone off for a week may be an incorrect advviicee.

Says the guy whose keyboard won't stop doing double presses. You got advice, good advice, and ignored it. I think you've progressed to troll.

trook

Reaction score
I would listen to these guys. They gave you good advice, you need to let your phone dry completely before worrying about your keyboard and if your already doing pixel tests then your running a wet phone, the damage may not be over yet. You could have gotten lucky and your phone may be fine but either way the advice that was given to you was good.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App