How to download to SD card?

Crockett

Reaction score
I have the original Droid with the latest OS 2.2.

I want to download a folder from my comupter to the Droid but the folder is a little over one GB in size. I've got a large SD card in my Droid and want to download the folder to the SD card. How do I make sure the folder is downloading the the card and not to the internal memory of the phone?

Thanks,
Crockett

jefbystereo

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into the computer via usb, it automatically opens the SD card connection. Infact I dont think its possible to access the internal memory through a computer (someone correct me if I am wrong though)

Zargon

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into the computer via usb, it automatically opens the SD card connection. Infact I dont think its possible to access the internal memory through a computer (someone correct me if I am wrong though)

It is possible, but it's a little more involved than just plugging in your phone to a USB cable.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Easy. Take out your SD card and plug it into the computer using an adapter. Put the file(s) on it and then put it back in your phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you plug your phone into the computer via usb, it automatically opens the SD card connection.
Actually, the card needs to be mounted unless the OP has an app that automounts. Slide down the notification bar once connected to the PC and mount the card. Then copy to the card.