How to download a link from SMS/Text Message

warrior21

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark but did you check your music file to see if it was in there? For some reason it just doesn't seem to be recognizing the attachment when you are clicking on it.
I don't know if you have it or not but you might want to consider getting ringdroid from the market. It allows you to create, save and send your own ringtones from any music you put on the droid.

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
I actually have ringdroid installed, just haven't used it yet. Maybe that's gonna be my best shot at customizing a ringtone for now...

As for my music folder, I'm assuming that's the music icon in the apps tray, if that's the only place the mp3 would go, there's nothing in there. I actually tried looking in there before too, but no luck....

warrior21

Reaction score
I actually have ringdroid installed, just haven't used it yet. Maybe that's gonna be my best shot at customizing a ringtone for now...

As for my music folder, I'm assuming that's the music icon in the apps tray, if that's the only place the mp3 would go, there's nothing in there. I actually tried looking in there before too, but no luck....
The only other thing I can think of is while you are reading the message hit the soft settings button>more>save mms>check the box of the attachement(hopefully it's there)>hit the soft menu button again and then hit save
If you have ringdroid it should have created a folder called media. In it there is a notification folder and one for ringtones. You should also get rings extended if you already haven't. That allows you to set your ringtones and notification sounds.

Last edited:
OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
Hi warrior21,

After hitting "save MMS", I get a "no found" with a light blue background, so I'm guessing nothing saved there either...

warrior21

Reaction score
Hi warrior21,

After hitting "save MMS", I get a "no found" with a light blue background, so I'm guessing nothing saved there either...
Then it's not recognizing the attachment as one that can be saved. Sorry I'm about all out of ideas on this one

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
No problem, I appreciate the effort. I'll keep playing around with things & keep surfing the forum to see if anything else might help. Thanks again for trying...=)

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
I was able to find another way to download the ringtones, within the cellsea.com site, you can find the mp3 of your choice, or do what I did, upload a video from youtube and convert it to an mp3, edit the section you would like as a ringtone, and once it's created, you can log onto m.cellsea.com through your mobile browser, and from there, long press the "download" button, and save link. Schewww. Now if I can only figure out how to rename the songs in my Droid, I think I'll be ok...=)

warrior21

Reaction score
I was able to find another way to download the ringtones, within the cellsea.com site, you can find the mp3 of your choice, or do what I did, upload a video from youtube and convert it to an mp3, edit the section you would like as a ringtone, and once it's created, you can log onto m.cellsea.com through your mobile browser, and from there, long press the "download" button, and save link. Schewww. Now if I can only figure out how to rename the songs in my Droid, I think I'll be ok...=)
Glad you got it figured out, that was a tough one

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
Yeah, took a little trial & error and a little patience, but it all worked out in the end. It's also nice to know there's this awesome community to help some of us get through the tough times...=)

warrior21

Reaction score
I hear you there. If it wasn't for this forum I would probably still be staring at my phone confused and never know it's true potential.

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
I can totally relate. Just a few clicks ago, I figured out how to rename my mp3 files by downloading Astro File Manager, and figured out how to assign different ringtones to different contacts. Gotta love this forum...=)

warrior21

Reaction score
Astro is one of the best apps I ever downloaded. You can also go to settings and back up all of your apps through astro just in case you ever need to do a factory reset or download a bad update from the market. Makes it easy to restore your apps

OP
V

VegasFlip

Reaction score
Too cool. Just backed everything up. Thanks for the tip...

BastardKitty

Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same problem. I did find 2 mp3 ringtones in my music folder.

I have a follow up question & sorry if it's been asked. When I email myself a pic or mp3 with my aol (not using my browser to go to aol but the email in teh phone) it will not let me download any attachments. Do you know why? I think i saw it someewhere on the thread about a mobile setting? I can't find it now. :icon_eek:

Also, this may sound dumb, but when i do the long hold, i do not get sd card as well. However, sometimes, it shows files downloaded....where did they go? I have no idea? Is there a download file on the Droid?

Thanks for your help & sorry for the dumb questions. :wacko:

asianscorpio

Reaction score
ringtones from cellsea

from your phone, access the cellsea site.
from there click the "download to PC" option.
This will download the ringtone to your phone under downloads, which will also save it to your Music folder.
Once you open the download (either by going into your Notifications, Downloads, or Music folders), you can then set the ringtone by clicking the "menu" button.
You can then choose to set the ringtone for all calls or specific contact calls.

Hope this helps!!