setting a notification ringtone

bsheurs

Reaction score
im looking to set a downloaded audio clip to play when i receive a text message. i opened the "notification ringtone" in sound settings and the downloaded clip is not in there. i opened the music app and the clip is in there. it will allow me to "use as phone ringtone" but theres no option for text message. how do i do this?

autigers1101

Reaction score
when you hook up your phone to the computer, you should access your phone SD card.

make a folder called media in the root of the SD card
inside media put a new folder called notifications
locate the downloaded file and put it in the notifications folder
your good to go :icon_ banana:

for future use also put a ringtones and alarms folder inside the media folder

false_paradigm

Reaction score
Hi, I've done all that and still do not have the file listed.

Also the ringtones I down load and set as ringtone keep being reset to a random MP3 song in my music player. It works for a while and then changes without warning. Could this be caused by my App Killer ?

inferno08

Reaction score
What messaging app do you have? I was having the same problem with handcent sms. I then figured out that you have to open the messaging app and then go into the settings for that app and there is a notifications option where you can select the tone.

6894Kevin

Reaction score
Dumb Question, but how do you get to the media folder? Just got my phone, and want to set tones for differend notifications. Do I have to connect to my laptop to do this?