How many users have text messaging with their calling plan?

lschicky

Reaction score
I'm on a family plan with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We all have unlimited data & text. We use that far more then we use minutes.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Wow I have the 700 min/unlimited tex I probably use about 50 min/month and the rest my wife uses it. I most use ove 3k tex a month in the other hand my wife uses maybe 500 tex a month. I'm at work 50 hours a week there is no way for me to be on the phone talking so texing is quick and discreet.

cuskit

Reaction score
Wow I have the 700 min/unlimited tex I probably use about 50 min/month and the rest my wife uses it. I most use ove 3k tex a month in the other hand my wife uses maybe 500 tex a month. I'm at work 50 hours a week there is no way for me to be on the phone talking so texing is quick and discreet.
Wow! That's averaging 750 messages per week, 15 per hour (based on your 50 hour work week). Discreet? How about fair to the guy that hands you a check at the end of that week? I'm assuming it's not work related since you use the word discreet. Sorry - just can't help wondering here since I'm the owner of my own business - wouldn't want to see my employees doing that. Well, they can't as my policy is no cell phones used during work hours (coffee breaks and lunches it's okay). Not meaning to be nosy - but you made this public. ;) mike

Last edited:

lschicky

Reaction score
I use texting while at work. While we aren't supposed to be on our phones while at work, but even the big boss does. there are points when we send text to coworkers, who aren't at work to ask them questions that need to be answered right away. Much easier then being tied up waiting on a phone call or stuck on the phone.

draconis123

Reaction score
I'm buying the Droid in two weeks time but without text. I have a google voice invite so I'm just going to use that. I mean, it's free.:)

DroidFan

Reaction score
I have the unlimited text/talk plan, so I don't have to think about it.

As far as the spam texts, I just blacklist those on Handcent and the issue become a moot point as I never see them. However, if you don't have an unlimited text plan, they will still count against your text count, unless you block them entirely.

cuskit

Reaction score
I use texting while at work. While we aren't supposed to be on our phones while at work, but even the big boss does. there are points when we send text to coworkers, who aren't at work to ask them questions that need to be answered right away. Much easier then being tied up waiting on a phone call or stuck on the phone.
Okay - but that's work related - no need for being "discreet"! ;)

Big bosses can do what they want - they are after all, the big boss... :) mike

lschicky

Reaction score
for spam text, if they are coming from the same person, couldn't you call Verizon and just have them block that number?

peterjariel

Reaction score
Wow! That's averaging 750 messages per week, 15 per hour (based on your 50 hour work week). Discreet? How about fair to the guy that hands you a check at the end of that week? I'm assuming it's not work related since you use the word discreet. Sorry - just can't help wondering here since I'm the owner of my own business - wouldn't want to see my employees doing that. Well, they can't as my policy is no cell phones used during work hours (coffee breaks and lunches it's okay). Not meaning to be nosy - but you made this public. ;) mike

Lol well I'm a manager at a retail store and most of the time I'm in the office doin paperworkand I can do quick tex while still getting my orders done. But yes when I'm out on the floor NO cells use. That's for all employees!

peterjariel

Reaction score
Oh and the discreet part, I do have a boss too that can come in the office anytime he wants, and even though I'm getting my work done and I'm sure he won't say anything but just for respect I don't let him see me on the phone.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlimited here -- I easily send more than 1000 texts a month.

E-mail would be a great alternative, per the OP, but only maybe 50% of my contacts/friends/coworkers have smart phones.

mju1030

Reaction score
Unlimited text and data plan here for $59.99 including insurance.

droidkm

Reaction score
250 texts/$5.

i can see at some point in the future texts being made obsolete by e-mail or google chat, when everyone has a smartphone. my mom has an iphone, and i am much more likely to e-mail her instead of text, because it will notify her just as fast as a text. but for my brother, his phone doesn't show e-mail, so i text him, or google chat if he's on gmail.

jr313

Reaction score
I do a lot of txting so i have unlimited txts i believe i txt more than i use the phone to tell u the truth.....