how to delete Badoo popup

vodkazashastya

Reaction score
hey guys my new droid 4 keeps getting a popup in the notification area linking me to badoo.com any ideas where they came from and how to delete them? Iv searched the forum and the internet, haven't come up with anything yet.

NiteCloak

Reaction score
Its an Ad component and has probably come with a free market ap you've downloaded. Disable (or uninstall) them one at a time to see if you can narrow it down.
For example, Words with Friends has endless Badoo ads but I don't believe it throws them to the notification area.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Root and download AdFree from the market, it blocks 99% of the ads that come with apps as well as on websites.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Be careful what you install. Pay special attention to the privileges that you grant. Also read the user feedback/ratings in the market. The number of downloads for each app is also listed. Be careful of low download counts.

Short answer: uninstall some of the junk you've installed

OP
V

vodkazashastya

Reaction score
Thanks all, i will give it a try. However i have not installed anything that wasnt on my previos phone (D1) and i didnt get popups on my D1.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
That is pretty weird. Maybe one of the apps had an update that introduced this or perhaps the app has different behavior based on what phone it is running on.

JosephWoods

Reaction score
I tried to get rid of this badoo popup for two days but could not. Then I googled my query but still could not find it. Will be thankful if some could give me a video demonstration/link. Thanx :frown:

barbarian

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found this thread, didn't help. did more looking and I grabbed airpush detector from the android market. Installed and ran it, showed me exactly where it was coming from. A free theme I used on Go SMS. Removed it, and all is good.

omalyn

Reaction score
I had the same problem and found this thread, didn't help. did more looking and I grabbed airpush detector from the android market. Installed and ran it, showed me exactly where it was coming from. A free theme I used on Go SMS. Removed it, and all is good.

I started getting these ads about a month ago. Most are from something called Badoo. I have no interest in this. If I want to hook up, I'll pick who and when, myself. I've tried everything to get rid of it. Dumped my cookies and history, nothing worked. I read where it could been attached to an app or update. I had one of the ads on my phone when I downloaded Airpush. It immediately pulled up a living wallpaper that had recently installed an update. I closed Airpush and uninstalled the wall paper. When the app was removed it also took the ad. I have been careful not to open any of these so hopefully they are gone for good!! Thanks for the heads up on Airpush! (I have the original Droid)

Enonumus

Reaction score
Airpush helped, thanks

I ran into the same problem today with a phone I'm setting up for a relative. I started receiving notifications advertising a dating website (Baboo), and I'd never seen a program spam the notification area of a phone before, so I had no clue where they were coming from or how. A few people posted useful responses in this thread, and it pointed me in the direction of a Live Wallpaper, which Airpush confirmed for me and pointed out. I deleted it and so far no more msgs.

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Bumping to say that air push saved me too. I had installed the N64 emulator from the market, which is a pretty big app right now. It gave me problems with Badoo. All gone now :-D

omalyn

Reaction score
I started getting these things and found an app to download called Air Push. It scanned my phone and told me what this thing was attached to so I could delete it. Turned out it was attached to a live wallpaper UPDATE. It was falling red leaves that I used last fall. Once I deleted the app it was fine. You can't tell what is attached to these things until you download but you are not stuck with it.

Moparcrazy

Reaction score
Thanks

Air push worked for me. I wouldn't have guess the sUpoftware and I would of factory reset my phone. Thanks again for saving my info. :)

UPDATE I forgot to put that it was Andromedia Video Editor, just incase someone else Wanted to avoid the spam ware.