how to deal with working lots of hours at minimum wage

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I work a minimum wage job, manual labor. We work 6-7 days a week. I work 50+ hours a week and my checks barely break 210.00 after taxes and child support for one kid. Its starting to take a toll in me, especially when I have an IT degree and. Can't find anything in my field where I'm living. I'm working on starting a family and its really hard with my measly checks. Does anyone else have to deal with this? If so... how do you deal with it.

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sapphire Black

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I don't know about the minimum wage thing(I don't make a **** ton either) I pay 350 a month for one kid and it blows!! My kid is almost 13 so I just look at as 5 years to go!! Keep your head up! I at least your working. I I don't know what state your in (I'm in Oregon) and if you can show that the amount you pay is a hardship they might work with you.. But, I do feel your pain!! Unfortunately you play and you're gonna pay..

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I don't know about the minimum wage thing(I don't make a **** ton either) I pay 350 a month for one kid and it blows!! My kid is almost 13 so I just look at as 5 years to go!! Keep your head up! I at least your working. I I don't know what state your in (I'm in Oregon) and if you can show that the amount you pay is a hardship they might work with you.. But, I do feel your pain!! Unfortunately you play and you're gonna pay..

Sent from my rooted droid razr using Tapatalk 4

I pay 399 a month for 1 kid. I don't mind paying. He is my son and I want to help. But they're raping me

Sent from my stock Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sapphire Black

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Times are tough indeed. Heck I can't even find a PT job while I finish up my last semester. You'll get through it, just keep an eye out for better opportunities and they'll come along eventually. Keep your head up!

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I just got two job offers. Awesome jobs at that. So things are looking up for me.

www.eddiekeyton.com
sent from my stock HTC DNA *')