Dire Times for HTC; Engineer Staff Being Forced to Work Without Overtime

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Exactly.

Boo-hoo. I get paid for 40 hrs and I typically work 50-60. Yeah, it sucks, but that's how a salary-based pay works.

Last time I was on salary i was expected to work a minimum of 45 hours. I liked it because I could work half days on Saturday which allowed me to catch up, which cleared up my work load for the next week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Who said no overtime didn't simply mean no time and a half (or their version) for overtime. Where does it say they don't get paid normal wage for the overtime hours?

52brandon

Reaction score
Who said no overtime didn't simply mean no time and a half (or their version) for overtime. Where does it say they don't get paid normal wage for the overtime hours?
my laptop is being a pain in my ass right now and not letting me paste a link for some reason... but google "htc cutting overtime" the first article that pops up (Android Authority) says that "HTC is asking at least 1000 engineers to work a twelve hour day but only get paid for eight hours." So no, no normal wage, no nothing for those extra 4 hours a day (according to the article at least)