How To Copy And Paste Android Standard Email Text And URLs

fixed1t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
Hi,

I sent a friend an email with some text and a URL in it and they opened it using the standard Android email (as their email ISP uses exchange servers). To my amazement they said they could open it but couldn't copy or paste any of the text. I thought they were doing something wrong and tried it myself and was stunned at the stupidity of the email application. Not to be beat, I figured out a way to do it and created the following short video as a reminder to myself and for anybody stuck in the same predicament.

This video shows you how To Copy Text in a standard Android Email and Paste it into another email, document or browser. This video shows you simply How To Do It.
I hope people find it useful, if so please give it a thumbs up. Also check out the other Android videos in my Nexus 7 playlist.

Thanks fixed1t

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^ this^ is what I've always done as well. but then I don't use the actual email app on my device, only the Gmail app, so it may be different in that aspect.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
^ this^ is what I've always done as well. but then I don't use the actual email app on my device, only the Gmail app, so it may be different in that aspect.

S5 tap'n
I tried it in the stock email app. I use that for the addresses I have as webmaster & board member of my community theater.

You don't have to click respond. Just long press on the text & you should get the standard copy/etc options.

Unless that's a feature of touch wiz on my gs4, but I don't think it is...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also, my stock email app converts links to clickable text.
tyru7aba.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk