Standard desktop Gmail view on android

samjet500

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've registered in this forum just to post this piece of information.
I had problems when I tried to view Gmail on android Internet browser in the standard desktop view, because it kept redirecting me back to the mobile view.

So the way that worked for me to view Gmail in standard view was to write down this link below, and bookmark it (you can copy and paste it):
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2#inbox

The advantages of the standard view is that it enables you to send an email to a group by writing down the group's name in the "to, cc, or bcc" section, a feature which is not available in the normal Gmail app.

Hope you find it useful

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
If you use Chrome, you can hit Settings and scroll down and check "Request desktop site".

OP
S

samjet500

Reaction score
If you use Chrome, you can hit Settings and scroll down and check "Request desktop site".

Thanks for your reply, grenefroggie.
I am using chrome, and I've already tried the method you've mentioned; however it did not work for me. When I had tried it (choosing the desktop view), it goes directly to the "HTML view" which also does not have the feature of sending emails to a group, and does not go to the standard view. And when I had tried to go to the "standard view" it redirected me to the mobile view again.

The link was the thing that made it work.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Try using a different browser. I tried it using Dolphin browser and it displayed the proper web view of Gmail.

Dandelion Jane

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've registered in this forum just to post this piece of information.
I had problems when I tried to view Gmail on android Internet browser in the standard desktop view, because it kept redirecting me back to the mobile view.

So the way that worked for me to view Gmail in standard view was to write down this link below, and bookmark it (you can copy and paste it):
Gmail

The advantages of the standard view is that it enables you to send an email to a group by writing down the group's name in the "to, cc, or bcc" section, a feature which is not available in the normal Gmail app.

Hope you find it useful

Thank-you, samjet500! Your post has helped me this many years later. Your link has solved the problem that I've been having this late in 2018. And I've registered in this forum just to be able to thank you! (-:

RoxxMan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SM-J120H
Thank you very much. Your link helped me a lot. I had the same problem as you. When clicked on desktop view, i recieve basic html view and when clicked standard view, i recieve standard mobile view. But with your link, the problem solved. Thanks again.