Winamp Android App

doomedromance

Reaction score
Just released beta version of Winamp for android.
Winamp for Android: Now in Beta - Winamp Blog

Winamp, the Ultimate Media Player, is now available in beta on AndroidTM (Android 2.1 OS and above). It offers a complete media management solution by seamlessly syncing with the Winamp desktop library. In addition to high quality playback and persistent player controls, Winamp for Android offers wireless desktop sync with your Winamp desktop application (Winamp 5.59 beta required). Standard USB syncing also available.

Mobilize Your Library
A complete Android media management solution, that seamlessly syncs with your Winamp desktop library (USB or Wi-Fi).

Wireless Desktop Sync
No need to tie your Android phone down. Enable Wi-Fi sync and leave your cable behind (Winamp 5.59 beta required).

Persistent Player Controls
Quickly pause, change tracks, manage your play queue, see what's playing and access the Winamp home screen.

Play Queue Management
The play queue is a temporary track listing that allows you to easily select and sort tracks. And if you like, save it as a playlist.

Widget Players & Shortcuts
Add playlist shortcuts and the widget player to the Android home screen. As well as enable playback control from the lock-screen.

Now Playing
Displays song info, album art and more. Press and hold on the song info to interact with other apps like Pandora, YouTube and the Amazon MP3 Store.

Scrobbling
Supports scrobbling with the Last.fm app installed (on your Android device). Capturing all of your mobile listening history in real time.

What You'll Need To Do:

- Download & install the beta version of the Winamp desktop application from the Winamp forums.

- From your Android phone, download & install the beta version of the Winamp for Android app. You can either scan the below QR code with your phone or search for Winamp in the Android Market.
qrcode-bitlywinamp-android-l.png

OP
D

doomedromance

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. I like it. Seems to be the best player yet. Now playing album view has a pulldown so you can see the current playlist or back to the main menu. Sync support with winamp on desktop. I haven't tried it. I do use Winamp. Before I dumped iTunes I never used syncing either.

cap2010102019182.jpg
cap201010201919.jpg
cap201010201918.jpg
cap2010102019181.jpg

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please don't cross post.

This thread will remain open, the other has been removed.

.... and merged the 1st of 3 identical threads into this one.

One thread will suffice :)

Thank you for posting this however!

OP
D

doomedromance

Reaction score
I only posted it once. I maybe cause i hit the back button a couple of times. Sorry.

Just connected my winamp through wifi. currently transfering new music to my phone over wifi. Works just like when you normally hook up devices with usb. About 10-15 secs per song to transfer.

badog

Reaction score
So far it works good for me. I like the larger widget and the sync seems to work fine. 'bout time winamp came ut with an app. And since it's beta, it can only get better (I hope).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only posted it once. I maybe cause i hit the back button a couple of times. Sorry.

Just connected my winamp through wifi. currently transfering new music to my phone over wifi. Works just like when you normally hook up devices with usb. About 10-15 secs per song to transfer.

its all good. only took a second to fix :)
and being a winamp fan I was serious, thanks for posting!
*DroidForums app DOES*

Beardface

Reaction score
Winamp Android Beta music player available in Market!

So I was browsing the Market for a reasonable music player to sync my music from my computer to my phone and I stumbled across something that made my day. Winamp (remember using that before iTunes forced their way into our lives?) has come out with an Android based music player for your mobile devices!

Want to know what is the bees knees about this? Download the Winamp player for your computer, and you can have easy one click Auto-Syncing of your music to your phone. Will sync everything as you have it set up on your computer.

However, the main drawback (as you can imagine) is that this player is just piggy-backing off the stock Android music player, so all the music gets dumped to your root folder. Also, this means all your music gets put on your internal SD card instead of the removable SD card, so for most of us Droid users, you can't reasonably sync more than 50-100 songs without using up all your memory. However, the Nullsoft developers are aware and are looking into it. Kinda sucks if you have a 16GB removable memory card and can't put even one song on it, but what can you do.

Beardface

Reaction score

You know whats funny... I did a search and I never saw this original thread. Never would have posted that if I knew it was there. My bad.

Even still... Good player. Just wish it were to copy to the removable SD card instead of the internal memory. Seems like a complete waste.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You know whats funny... I did a search and I never saw this original thread. Never would have posted that if I knew it was there. My bad.

Even still... Good player. Just wish it were to copy to the removable SD card instead of the internal memory. Seems like a complete waste.
I too like the option of moving an application to the SD card as the D1 (which I have) only has 260mb or so.... but I think it's a good app. It's replaced the stock for me

Beardface

Reaction score

I too like the option of moving an application to the SD card as the D1 (which I have) only has 260mb or so.... but I think it's a good app. It's replaced the stock for me

Yeah, I mean, I have close to 1,700 songs on my desktop Winamp, and can only put about 50 on my phone before I start really taking up too much memory. I have a 16GB removable memory card and could EASILY put my entire music library on there as well as a couple movies, but thats not what Android has allowed. Why? I am still wondering that, myself.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Ive been using winamp to sync my library for a while now, and was wondering why they hadent made an app yet; until this came out! love the widget, and the history option! seems like a solid app. Also i am one of those people that uses my phone to play music in my car, and i commute an hour to school a few days a week so ive tested most of the music apps out there, lets see how this one sizes up to the rest!