Winamp Android App

Beardface

Reaction score
You know what... Now that I look into it, I think I was wrong about the way this app stores music. It looks like it dumps everything to the root of your removable SD card. Dumps it and creates one folder per artist. Now, that is a bit annoying and I pray to God that Winamp changes that soon to create their own folder on the SD card and go from there, but it seems like it should work. So yeah, thats good, right?

Going to switch everything over to my 16GB SD Card (using the stock 4GB one now) and see how many songs I can get. Hopefully, it works.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
You know what... Now that I look into it, I think I was wrong about the way this app stores music. It looks like it dumps everything to the root of your removable SD card. Dumps it and creates one folder per artist. Now, that is a bit annoying and I pray to God that Winamp changes that soon to create their own folder on the SD card and go from there, but it seems like it should work. So yeah, thats good, right?

Going to switch everything over to my 16GB SD Card (using the stock 4GB one now) and see how many songs I can get. Hopefully, it works.

You can change this in the desktop winamp settings. I have all mine going to the "music" folder on my sd card

Beardface

Reaction score

You can change this in the desktop winamp settings. I have all mine going to the "music" folder on my sd card

If you don't mind explaining, how do you accomplish this?

BlueSami

Reaction score
so are we going to be able to use winamp remote on our phones?
(no not the controls)

i haven't seen how to do this yet?? i really hope it will be available.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I personally don't bother syncing, as I still use winamp v2.95 (I have loved winamp 2.xx always over latest versions.

www.winampheaven.net for all the previous versions (I'm sure filehippo.com hosts some too)

I just copy/paste to my sd card anyway and winamp (on android) has no problem seeing my music there.

Droidforums.net appified!