Solved How to clear cache partition for rooted GN

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
How do I clear all my unnecessary data? I have Cache Cleaner by JRummy but I think that only empties the app cache. Are there other areas I can empty?

I've read in some posts where they say to hold down volume and power to get the android with an exclamation point. I've tried it several times but I only get the android standing there and a big green start arrow pointing towards the power button. The bottom of the screen says Downloading... Do not turn off target!! It stays on this screen forever. I'm not able to scroll or do anything with the volume buttons.

I've been looking at the Turbo but I don't feel it's necessary to drop over 500 for it to keep my unlimited data so I'm trying to get as much out of this 3 yo phone as I can lol! I'm going to wait until this really starts to crap out.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm. Not around my Gnex, but I think it's "hold both volume up & down plus the power button" to get into recovery

Tapped from a Moto X

OP
S

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
That worked! Ok now, I go into recovery mode and it gives me the android with the exclamation point. Where do I go from there? I've tried holding the volume buttons but it doesn't do anything.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
When you get to the no command/android screen press and hold the power button and then hit the volume up and hold both for just a second and release both. This will take you into the recovery menu. There you can choose wipe cache partition.

OP
S

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Awesome! The phone seems to run much faster, like I breathed new life into that thing! Thanks!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Awesome! The phone seems to run much faster, like I breathed new life into that thing! Thanks!
Glad it worked for you.

Tap'd from my LG G3