How Many Times Have You Dropped Your Droid?

imiller913

Reaction score
I had mine for a little more than a month, and I haven't dropped it once its naked and I carry it with the oem holster from vzw.

jenjen

Reaction score
I haven't dropped it at all yet (probably just cursed myself, lol). I need to get something to protect it in case I do, because I'm just carrying it in a drawstring bag that came with my sunglasses. Enough to protect it from anything in my purse, but if I dropped the bag it wouldn't provide any protection.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
I haven't dropped mine at all *Stands up and knocks on wood*. Im pretty good with my phones. And I rock mine naked because I like to live on the edge like that, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Dankinia

Reaction score
I have only had my Droid for a couple of days and no drops yet (knock on wood) but I dropped my old Palm Centro tons of times so I know it will eventfully happen. I have the hard case/holster combo that Verizon sells but no screen protector yet. I plan to pick one up sometime this week.

Scourge

Reaction score
So far my phone has slipped/fell out of my hands 4 times. Thanks Gordon the Sharpie idea made mine look brand new.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
One little slip in where mine got dropped on the carpet--other than that, no major spills. Like another poster, my i760 looks like it's been on a few "tours of duty" but ran just fine up until I got the DROID activated.

- Mega

souljerr

Reaction score
Went and saw Sherlock Holmes Dec 31 and my Droid literally flew out of my coat pocket when I went to put it on. Back cover went one way, phone and battery another and I couldn't find the pieces because it was dark. Fortnately nobody stepped on it as I was putting it back together. Damage report - no cracks, chips or scratches. Still looks like new. :icon_eek:

rathat

Reaction score
I use a snap on case and screen protector, but if my phones get in too bad condition, i just snap it in half and get a new one, its insured.

DPrynce

Reaction score
Far too many drops...

Even though I take extra care, mine has flown several times. The first was ten minutes after getting it. I had mine set up and then went to set up my wife's, and somehow mine went flying out of the car and onto the pavement. Only damage from the falls were some slight chipping of the frame by the screen. My battery cover stayed on, nothing came loose, and everything still works great. I did get a cover finally which I really like and now I don't worry much about it. My kids like to 'borrow' it all the time and who knows what they do with it lol.

From what I have seen the phone handles abuse just great. Phone looks almost as perfect as when I got it. If something does go wrong it is insured so no worries there.