How Many Times Have You Dropped Your Droid?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
5 or 6 times...No Case...No damage..

wil318466

Reaction score
I dropped mine once, but it was tile I believe. I've dropped it on carpet a few times.

I'm extra careful with this thing. Not because I dont' want to scratch it (which is a valid reason) but because in my mind I know that I REALLY rely on this thing now. If I drop it and it shatters, I don't want to be without it for 2-3 days while it is being replaced. Come to think of it, it would probably be replaced overnight, but whatever.

This isn't really a "phone". My last phone was a phone. Flip up, make calls, once in a while a text, and that was it. This thing is a mini-laptop. So in my mind, the value of the Droid is much higher than a regular phone. I couldn't really care less if I dropped my LG phone.

Also, I'm a bit neurotic when I put this thing in my pocket. I make sure nothing else is in that pocket.

I really need to get a life.

-Wil

crspang

Reaction score
I haven't dropped mine yet, but it did take a spill in the car when I was trying to get the car dock set up correct. I didn't secure the car dock correctly and the whole thing came tumbling down, bounced off of the dash board and popped the phone out and it bounced off of the center console into the floor. It was a very traumatic experience for me. lol

zakany

Reaction score
Haven't dropped it yet, but I somehow managed to scratch the crap out of the Motorola emblem on the back.

Greybullet11

Reaction score
I just dropped mine as i was getting out of my car. i always keep it between my legs when i drive so its easy to get it when it rings. but 35 minutes ago when i parked my car in the lot i had totally forgotten about my phone and then, it happened......:motdroidhoriz: was in the air and it landed flat on the screen!!! i was like mother f@#$% i lifted it up and the screen was fine but that frame around the screen had little nicks like on every corner and then that part at the bottom that sticks out where it says verizon, got a nice f#$%ing dent arrghhhh!!!:mad: i was cursing like a sailor as i went in to work!! but as i got to work i used a sharpie on every nick so it looks a lot better now :)

cuskit

Reaction score
Twice - both times LUCKY! First time on concrete floor - but did a "save" by catching it with my feet! Second time on a linoleum floor, about a 3' drop with no issues. I use the Gel Cover and attribute my luck to it's great protective "rubbery" protection! :)

I am a clutz! No way I'd go naked..

Like being covered - cuskit

kaboyd

Reaction score
The Verizon Saleswoman dropped mine when she opened the box to set it up. Trial by fire. After seeing that i purchased a Body Glove case and have dropped it in my garage half a dozen times. It still works perfect. I love this thing!

cuskit

Reaction score
The Verizon Saleswoman dropped mine when she opened the box to set it up. Trial by fire. After seeing that i purchased a Body Glove case and have dropped it in my garage half a dozen times. It still works perfect. I love this thing!
Did she exchange it for another, or give you the fallen one? ;)

cuskit