How Many Phones?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
just curious...how many phones have u gone through that you remember?

i will start it off by saying that i have gone through 6 phones
first one i dont remember wat kind...second was a RAZR...then a MOTO Q...then another Q since my first one got stolen...then i got my hands on a BB storm 1 (sold it on ebay)...then i ordered the samsung rouge (ended up returning it)...finally i got my :heart::reddroid:DROID:reddroid::heart: which is the seventh one on the list

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OMG i got my 1st cell phone back in highschool and i graduated in 98... ive been a phone geek since then.

its safe to say ive had 30+ phones

i have a shoebox and a zip lock back of used phones.. most are mine some are my girls.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OMG i got my 1st cell phone back in highschool and i graduated in 98... ive been a phone geek since then.

i have a shoebox and a zip lock back of used phones.. most are mine some are my girls.
damn thats crazy... lol i been a phone geek since i got my RAZR, thats when i started looking into hacking phones and modding them lol

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

damn thats crazy... lol i been a phone geek since i got my RAZR, thats when i started looking into hacking phones and modding them lol

this is the 1st phone i had its the Nokia 100 got this back in 94 or 95 i was a sophmore in highschool
nokia-100.jpg

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
Im on the bus with garrett. Its safe to say that I've either had or used between 30 and 40 phones. I was already a phone geek since my first sprint phone back in the day but it went up about 10 levels when I was made the BES administrator for a healthcare company. I supported all of the BB's and smartphones for a HUGE healthcare company so it was nothing for me to use one for a few months and then swap it out with another one. Its safe to say that I've had my hands on every relavant pda,smartphone device out there.

kaorte

Reaction score
I have had 4 phones including the droid.

My rents were cheap and always made me get the free phones D:

Crap kyocera, crap samsung, samsung juke, now the droid! What an upgrade huh?

96accord

Reaction score
I can't really remember how many phones I have had.

- Bunch of Nextel Phones back in the day when I had Nextel (i860, i960, i870 to name a few)
- EnV
- Curve (current)

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
OMG....

startet all with Nokia 3210
nokia3210.jpg

Then i had Nokia 8810
nokia-8810.jpg

Then i had a SAGEM MC 39
product-124511.jpg

THis i had for long time until this one, iPhone 1
iphone-2g-3g.jpg

Then i had Nokia N73
nokia_n73.jpg

Now i have a BOLD and a STORM

BlackBerry_Bold.jpg

rim_blackberry_9500_storm.jpg

Was that enough?

:D

Tigger

P.s.: next is MILESTONE

FBDezignz

Reaction score
Droid
Blackberry Storm
Tour
Curve
Pearl
HTC 5800
LG 9400
LG 8300
LG 9800
HTC 6700
LG Chocolate
Motorola v710
Palm 600
Kyocera KX2
Motorola ?
Motorola T720
Nokia ?2
Motorola V60
Mitsubishi POS
Nokia ? - In 2001

Last edited:

MQAAord

Reaction score
I had my first pager, yes pager 1995 when I was brand-new with the airlines and couldn't afford a cell phone.

In 1996 I got my first cell phone, a Motorola TeleTac with Cellular One. It was one of those old, huge, clunky battleship-gray beasts. Totally analog, saved 9 numbers on the speed dial. No texting, no games, no alarm, no calendar. It made calls. Sometimes. And sometimes, if I was very lucky and in just the right spot in Chicago, it even received calls.

1998 brought my switch to AT&T, and a Nokia 6160 (?) I think.. I forget the model number. It was black, had a flip-cover, and was the first of the phones on the market to have first-generation text messaging: it was capable of receiving short email messages! From that day forward, I was hooked on "texting", though it wasn't called that yet.

I had that phone til 2002, when the flip cover finally quit auto-answering when flipped open. It's replacement was the 7170 (?). It was gray, and was able to receive AND send short emails.

Summer of 2004 we went to Verizon and we got a pair of Samsung sch-A670s. Silver, flip-style, my first phone with a camera and GPS locator.

That Samsung got dropped on the floor at the mall in the fall of 2007, and then I got my Samsung sch-u740. The predecessor to the Alias. Loved the dual-flip function, camera and video. The full keyboard is AWESOME, and I really liked that phone.

Got my droid this morning! I liked my Samsung, but was ready to move on to a "smart" phone. Will be selling the Samsung on eBay, as it's still in great condition.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had my first pager, yes pager 1995 when I was brand-new with the airlines and couldn't afford a cell phone.

lol yeah i had a few pagers too.... its kinda embarrasing saying that but cell phones were pretty much non existant then

i had the small one that clipped vertically, then i had the one with the side display and that was a big improvement until the alpha numeric ones came out and i think i paid close to 200 or so where people could send words and i would get finance info and sports on it....

Last edited:

Getaphixx

Reaction score
The first phone I ever hacked was a stolen Motorola (Ma-Bell?!?!?! LOLOLOL) "Brick" phone.... I took I to military school and me and some buddies started at 0000 ... If I remember right the unlock code was 2678... The year was 1990!!!!

Brick_Cell_BellSouthMobility_B124_Web.jpg

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LOL I had a few friends with those. They were horrible. They also had the bag phones. I wasn't blessed to have either.