so many complainers and winers

HowardZ

Reaction score
Geez, there are so many complainers and winers here recently.

I remember when captain kirk's flip phone was envied science fiction.

I remember having only 5 television stations on a small black & white tv. Now people have hundreds of cable channels and complain at times that there's nothing to watch.

I remember playing monopoly, football, and pingpong because video games hadn't been invented yet.

I remember taking the city bus to school for 10 cents and accidentally leaving my new $100 clarinet on the bus.

I remember paying a quarter for a burger king whopper made my way. and the quarter was so large it almost filled up the palm of my hand.

Darn, writing this makes me feel old.

Last edited:

corki2

Reaction score
Geez, there are so many complainers and winers here recently.

I remember when captain kirk's flip phone was envied science fiction.

I remember having only 5 television stations on a small black & white tv. Now people have hundreds of cable channels and complain at times that there's nothing to watch.

I remember playing monopoly, football, and pingpong because video games hadn't been invented yet.

I remember taking the city bus to school for 10 cents and accidentally leaving my new $100 clarinet on the bus.

I remember paying a quarter for a burger king whopper made my way. and the quarter was so large it almost filled up the palm of my hand.

Darn, writing this makes me feel old.

Love it! I remember cartoons were on either before 6am on weekdays or until 12:00 weekends on one or two channels. If you wanted to watch them, you had to get up early. Tom and Jerry was my favorite.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Love it! I remember cartoons were on either before 6am on weekdays or until 12:00 weekends on one or two channels. If you wanted to watch them, you had to get up early. Tom and Jerry was my favorite.

Saturday morning cartoons rocked.
Now there are a few channels that run cartoons 24/7...and NBC, CBS, etc. don't really run cartoons on Saturday morning anymore.
I don't think kids today appreciate cartoons as much as we did as kids.

404122670_20d81aac81_o.jpg

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moving to off topic :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saturday morning cartoons rocked.
Now there are a few channels that run cartoons 24/7...and NBC, CBS, etc. don't really run cartoons on Saturday morning anymore.
I don't think kids today appreciate cartoons as much as we did as kids.

404122670_20d81aac81_o.jpg

I'm a product of the 90's, but cartoons now are terrible. I've tried watching em, and it makes me miss the old days. I remember when non cable channels actually had decent shows and ABC would show a good movie on Saturday night.

I remember waking up early and watching Looney Tunes on ABC on Saturday morning. I remember being in middle school and only one guy in my grade had a cell phone. I remember when instead of getting a phone number to text, you would get their AIM user name.

Scimino

Reaction score
I also grew up in the 90's. I wish I could go back. I didn't have a cell until I was in 9th grade. Then I just got rid of it because none of my friends had one. Back then if you wanted to call somebody we used a "landline" and if the person wasn't home you left a message.

corki2

Reaction score
I grew up in the 60's we had party lines and our phone was coded. Cordless phones weren't even invented yet.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I remember when instead of getting a phone number to text, you would get their AIM user name.
Dude...that wasn't that long ago. :biggrin:
I remember when the only way to contact someone was over a land line phone that was corded to the wall...and if they weren't home, you had absolutely no way of contacting them if you didn't know where they were. If you wanted to find them, you had to physically drive around and look for them. Sometimes you'd find them...and sometimes you didn't.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I'm a product of the 90's, but cartoons now are terrible. I've tried watching em, and it makes me miss the old days. I remember when non cable channels actually had decent shows and ABC would show a good movie on Saturday night.

I remember waking up early and watching Looney Tunes on ABC on Saturday morning. I remember being in middle school and only one guy in my grade had a cell phone. I remember when instead of getting a phone number to text, you would get their AIM user name.

As a kid, I would wake up...on my own, at like 7am on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons.
How I managed that I have no idea.
The subconscious inner clock is a power thing I guess.

corki2

Reaction score
As a kid, I would wake up...on my own, at like 7am on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons.
How I managed that I have no idea.
The subconscious inner clock is a power thing I guess.

Me too, but you had to drag me out if need on school days. :)

Drew_P

Reaction score
I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch cheesy kung fu movies!!! And my grandmothers corded phone with about a 20 foot cord that always seemed to tangle so matter how hard you tried to prevent it. I remember when cars had style with real chrome and real V8 engines. Hell I remember when gas was under a dollar!!!!

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

corki2

Reaction score
I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch cheesy kung fu movies!!! And my grandmothers corded phone with about a 20 foot cord that always seemed to tangle so matter how hard you tried to prevent it. I remember when cars had style with real chrome and real V8 engines. Hell I remember when gas was under a dollar!!!!

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!
My first car was a red Beetle. There was a gas shortage. I had to get up at 5am on my gas day (according to the last number of your license plate) to get gas and it was .57 a gallon. $3.00 filed up my tank.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
"Memories ... of the way we were." OK, not a Babs fan but memories are cool.

Watching Saturday night boxing on a 10 or 12" B&W round picture tube with Grandpa smoking his weekly cigar. Make sure to warm the set up before the fights started!

Tarzan, Boris Karloff, Hopalong Cassidy, to name a few, on Saturday's after cartoons.

I was working at an Esso (now Exxon) station in 1972 when gas was 24.9 cents a gallon. Oh the panic when it went over 30 cents! Then the embargo and rationing in 1973 - people were fighting and some were shot trying to get gasoline.

Rats in a cage has been something that I have called part of humanity for many years. Some just can't seem to get past the "me first; I'll get mine at no cost" mentality. We made due, waited on the party line to make phone calls, rode bicycles to get to our buds house or to find where they were hanging out. I love technology and we adapt to it but it was simpler to be a kid then.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I grew up in the 60's we had party lines and our phone was coded. Cordless phones weren't even invented yet.

There your mom yelling, that could be heard for miles, when it was time to come home. Now if a mom came outside and hollered at least one neighbor would be calling the cops for her disturbing the peace.
What was I thinking? Today's kids never go outside and play.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
You guys are all young. Remember black and white newsreels before they showed the movie? Movie Tone? Cartoons before the movies? We've come along light years in technology since those days, but in many other, most important, ways, not so much.