How many of you would get another X

roosterbrews

Reaction score
So my d1 is about done and I have been waiting for the thunderbolt to come out but Dell has the X free right now with a 2 year contract. It is an older phone at this point but for all of you X owners how many of you would sign a 2 year contract with a new X. Thanks

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
YES! 4g will not have total coverage for a while. X has been a great phone.
If you can wait, maybe the DX2? Or break down and go the Bionic route.
You will still enjoy 4g in some areas.

huskur

Reaction score
Bionic for me. Same size screen and has "soft" menu keys instead of the "hard" ones on the X now. Nice phone but not a big fan of the hard menu keys.

sugarnova

Reaction score
I totally would. But my X is only a month old, so I might not be the best sample. I truly love mine, though, way more than the Evo I had before it.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I would totally get another X. Absolutely love this phone. Yeah there are newer phones coming out but this phone is just as good if not better. More dev support on this fo sho

cpjr

Reaction score
Nah, X is too similar to the D1.

Similar because they both have physical keyboards...oh wait they dont. Or the same screen size, oh nevermind. Or the same processor speed, no again. Same amount of RAM...not at all, cameras....nope...

Dude, the 2 phones are nothing alike.

huskur

Reaction score

Similar because they both have physical keyboards...oh wait they dont. Or the same screen size, oh nevermind. Or the same processor speed, no again. Same amount of RAM...not at all, cameras....nope...

Dude, the 2 phones are nothing alike.

Right! Now on the other hand..... the X is more like the Bionic than the OG droid. Screen size exactly the same.

turdbogls

Reaction score
in the fact they are both "droid" branded and run android 2.2.1...oh and they are both black

the X is an amazing phone...top of the line for verizon. if FF cameras and 4G are not that important there really wont be anything that much better for at least a year IMO.

if you want those new features, i would wait. the OG droid probably feels really slow (i know mine did) but it works, and does what you want it to do. if you are going to sign the next 2 years of your life away, make sure to get something you REALLY like....not just something different.

if my contract was up today, i would probalby wait....the DX is a great phone, and does everything i throw at it and begs for more...but my next phone has to have a FF camera.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've had my droid x since the end of december and my husband got a droid 2 global the same day. I've ben loving mine and he has had to get a new battery and then a new replacement for his already and isn't sure he even likes his at this point.my son and daughter in law both have the x and love theirs too. Don't let anybody get between me and my droid x!!! Linda

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just came from the D1 mid Jan. I grabbed a used DX on ebay and it absolutley smokes my old phone. I am overclocked and have a speedy rom but even before I did that the phone was way fast. I spent some time last weekend looking at review vids of the new dual core Atrix and my phone is right there as far as speed. I so love this phone!! :icon_ rocker:

Reaction score
The X has style. I returned a fascinate with its fancy screen and light weight because it felt, sorry ladies, like a girl's phone. I sure miss the better frame rate video though, but anyways. Owning a Motorola Droid X is like owning a German automobile. It's cool, built like a rock, heavy, and will always possess a certain panache. Does the latest and greatest technology trump that? Things progress so quickly, it might very well. I would wait for a Bionic or duel core whatever. A 4.3" Droid 3 with full QWERTY is rumored; that's on my wish list! Upgrade used on Craigslist with a D2 or X for now, save the upgrade for the next big thing!

N

Nickchapa

I would get two more X's. I lone this phone. So easy to figure out...so slim and asthetically pleasing, hdmi out. The only thing I don't like is the lack of case type choice. I like the slide together cases or the dual later silicon and acrylic cases but only three choices in color on the dual layer and I am yet to find a slide together case. Only silicon and clip together cases.

N

Nickchapa

Oh but of course when the bionic comes out I'm gettin that ha ha