how many hours of display on do you get per charge?

Reaction score
I get about four hours of droid display on every charge. I use the regular oem battery
-Always have GPS, Display to lowest it can go, wifi off, Bluetooth, and sync always off. Also backround data off.
Do mostly texting with a occasional web browsing, also check email once or twice a day.

haha, Sorry I wasn't so clear. I mean 4 hours of battery usage with the display on doing tasks. I was just wondering with your usage type how many minutes/hours of display on you get per charge.

Also yes there is a way to measure the amount of display on per charges. (or until your plug your device into a charger)
Settings-About Phone-Battery Usage

Last edited:

magnus

Reaction score
Are you just eyeballing it or is there some way to actually measure display usage?

I'm just trying to figure out if that's display usage with wifi/gps/any_of_the_other_factors on, off etc

But 4 hours with display sounds about right

jdritzer

Reaction score
Four hours of display per charge? Dang I thought I was doing good with around 2.5-3 hours per charge.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't understand... are you talking about just leaving the display on (as in, turning the screen timeout off) constantly and you get 4 hours of battery? Or do you mean 4 hours of battery usage with the display on doing tasks (browsing, email, texting, etc)? If you're doing stuff, it isn't just the display using the battery (obviously), and if you are talking about just leaving the display on constantly even when you aren't using the phone.... why would you ever even do this in the first place?

natty_lite

Reaction score
Phandroid has a video where the guy ran his phone for about 7 hours straight with the display never sleeping, at its maximum brightness - with music playing the whole time.

OP
J
Reaction score
I don't understand... are you talking about just leaving the display on (as in, turning the screen timeout off) constantly and you get 4 hours of battery? Or do you mean 4 hours of battery usage with the display on doing tasks (browsing, email, texting, etc)? If you're doing stuff, it isn't just the display using the battery (obviously), and if you are talking about just leaving the display on constantly even when you aren't using the phone.... why would you ever even do this in the first place?

haha, Sorry I wasn't so clear. I mean 4 hours of battery usage with the display on doing tasks. I was just wondering with your usage type how many minutes/hours of display on you get per charge.

Also yes there is a way to measure the amount of display on per charges. (or until your plug your device into a charger)
Settings-About Phone-Battery Usage

Lafond

Reaction score
I'm similar; have sync on, gps on, and auto screen brightness on. I get about 4-4.5 hrs of straight internet browsing/texting before the battery gets to the 30% mark.

Mars

Reaction score
regular usage for me i get about 4-6hrs

jdritzer

Reaction score
I'm a heavy user, my phone last about 18 hours per charge with 2-3 having the display on each day.