How do you get the clock to display?

RT55

Reaction score
I know it seems like a pretty elementary question but I just got the phone today and can't figure out how. It is dispayed when I wake the phone off on that lock screen on the Motorola droid... but when I go to home screen, it is not display (only at top in tiny letters). I would like the clock to be in big letters almost like the HTC eris set up. Anyway to display the clock?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the homescreen, long press an empty area. The clock widget is what you are looking for.

Last edited:

shademar

Reaction score
I know it seems like a pretty elementary question but I just got the phone today and can't figure out how. It is dispayed when I wake the phone off on that lock screen on the Motorola droid... but when I go to home screen, it is not display (only at top in tiny letters). I would like the clock to be in big letters almost like the HTC eris set up. Anyway to display the clock?

There's a variety of clock widgets that you can download from the market to customize the look of your homescreen. Weather Widget Donate will give the closest approximation of the htc clock if you install the flipclock widget, while Beautiful Widget currently has a similar layout with a more modern font. (Both of these also have included weather forecasts.) Digital Clock Widget by Maize is completely free and has a clean and simple sans serif font. I'm sure there are others if you have a different look in mind, but these are the ones that I like. To install any widget, do as described above and long press a blank screen spot.

(Also note that when you donate paid apps from the market, you have 24 hours to decide if you want to keep or refund them, so feel free to try things you're not sure about out. :D )

Last edited:
OP
R

RT55

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I got the analog clock to display but I thought it would be digital. I am trying to remove it from my home screen but I can't figure out how. I pressed and held it and tried to drag it to the bottom of the screen but it keeps popping back up.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
When you drag the icon down to the trash barrell wait until they both turn red before you let go..