How many Droid Phones by 2010

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How many "Droid" phones will be released in 2009?

J

JohnDroid

I'd like to see more then 3, but I think that's wishful thinking.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well heck verizon alone is doing what 3-4 i believe. but in 2009 i would only imagine 3-4. 2010 though, there will be many.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Verizon is going to be the leader in the smart phone market next year.. mark this post :)

Verizon will release 15 new phones, mostly smartphones, starting with the BlackBerry Storm2 and continuing into the end of December

JFDroid

Reaction score
Verizon is going to be the leader in the smart phone market next year.. mark this post :)

Verizon will release 15 new phones, mostly smartphones, starting with the BlackBerry Storm2 and continuing into the end of December

I agree on this; they're really stepping up their game on competitive smartphones! I'm guessing Android will take over where BlackBerry was. If you think about it, I'm sure a lot of people settled for a BlackBerry because they wanted to stick w/their Verizon contact, but they wanted a high-end smartphone similar to the iPhone. Well, the iPhone may never come to Verizon, but now we have the droid. I predict absolutely massive sales of the Droid not just in the first day or two but over the next 6 months to 1 year. During this time, I think we'll see a sharp decline in BlackBerry users on the Verizon network. People bought BlackBerry's because of a lack of a better alternative. The game has changed as of tomorrow with the Droid launch.

JayMonster

Reaction score
A month later, and this is probably more obvious to most now than when this question was first posed, but the 2 Droid models that have been released are going to be "it" for 2009. They have the low end covered with the "Droid Eris by HTC", and they are not going to hamstring sales of the "Droid by Motorola" by introducing another Droid into the holiday lineup. I would expect the next announcements to come at CES with a late spring launch of the additions to the Droid lineup.

markmicallef

Reaction score
I have to wait two years before I upgrade so I don't care. I know I'll be droolin over the next couple they put out.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
6-10 easily. There were 3 Droid phones released just in the past two months of this year that I can think of off the top of my head (HTC Hero, Droid Eris, Moto Droid), and Google is just starting to ramp it up.

Youminker

Reaction score
The Android phone market would be booming in the end of 2010, because there are so many manafaturer claiming to launch new models with Android OS, including Moto, Blackberry, Samsung, LG...