Droid bluetooth and 2010 Acura TL

jbg25

Reaction score
My wife has the 2010 Acura TL but does not have the nav. After several events where my droid has impressed her as being more than just my favorite toy...she wants a droid of her own. But everything we have read on Acura.com and heard from VZW reps at the stores is that they dont work together.

But I have read here that people with 2005 and 2009 TL's have gotten it to work, as well as someone with a 2010 MDX. I cannot imagine why it would work on all these other TLs, and the 2010 MDX but not on ours.

Can someone tell me if they have a TL, and have gotten the bluetooth to work? And how I can do it?

ITguy4

Reaction score
I know I don't have the TL that you are asking about, but it works perfectly in my 04 TL.

What is it that they claim does not work? Can't synch the phone with car at all?

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I know I don't have the TL that you are asking about, but it works perfectly in my 04 TL.

What is it that they claim does not work? Can't synch the phone with car at all?

Tried it before the 2.1 update was released...The car could not see my phone...but my phone saw the car. When I set my phone to scan for BT devices the car yelled at me until I turned my phone off.

The guy at verizon said something about the BT firmware version was 2.1....and the Acuras did not recognize that. But that just did not sound right.

jgriffaz

Reaction score
I have the answers you seek but I won't tel you because you're a Yankees fan. :)

fmserc

Reaction score
i have a 2010 accord ex-l with the nav and homelink... my moto droid works with it, and my wife's htc eris works with it as well.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
I have the answers you seek but I won't tel you because you're a Yankees fan. :)

Must be a RedSox fan...I figured after we let you win a few World Series you guys would have lightened up a little! LMAO

Sorry...you started it.... :p

Knowing it is possible helps. I will figure it out when I have time to sit down and play with it...unless you decide to share the double secret information.

TRails10

Reaction score
My wife has the 2010 Acura TL but does not have the nav. After several events where my droid has impressed her as being more than just my favorite toy...she wants a droid of her own. But everything we have read on Acura.com and heard from VZW reps at the stores is that they dont work together.

But I have read here that people with 2005 and 2009 TL's have gotten it to work, as well as someone with a 2010 MDX. I cannot imagine why it would work on all these other TLs, and the 2010 MDX but not on ours.

Can someone tell me if they have a TL, and have gotten the bluetooth to work? And how I can do it?

Have you checked the Acurazine forums?

AcuraZine TL Community - AcuraZine Community

or more specifically for your model:

Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation - AcuraZine Community

You'll find your answer and more over there. BTW I have a 05 TL and my Droid works perfectly with the Handsfree Link.

wnrussell

Reaction score
Bluetooth Transfer

This Market app works for those cars that need OBEX to receive a phone book upload:

bt3.bmp

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
So...I figured out the problem. I assumed my wife knew how to sync her car. I pulled out the manual and paired the phone to the car in under 2 mins.

I did not try downloading the phone book...but I am sure I can figure it out. Now that we and got her a droid today since I know it works with her car.