How many battery removal resets have you done?

jappareti

Reaction score
I had a Blackberry Pearl before the Droid and it was routine for me to remove the battery 2-3 times per day.

After owning the droid for 2 weeks now, I've only had to remove the battery 4 times. The reasons for removing:

- Droid was locked in sleep mode. No matter how many times I pressed the unlock key, it wouldn't show me the unlock screen. I tried holding the unlock button to try and turn the phone off, but I would just feel a little buzz, as if the Phone Options dialog box would pop up but I couldn't see it.
- The home screen was locked up. I remember browsing the market and I tried going to the home screen, but it was blank. I would've gone to the task killer but I couldn't see it.
- Bluetooth kept failing to pair with my computer. I turned the phone on and off several times, but no luck. Battery reset resolved it.
- I wasn't able to make a phone call. No matter how many times I would press the little phone icon next to my contacts, it wouldn't make the phone call. Battery reset resolved it.

Has anyone else had these problems? Are my numbers higher/lower than yours?

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I had to once--but that was after I was letting all the juice run out (conditioning) and it wouldn't come back to life until I physically removed the battery. Its been running like a champ since. My previous phone I had to do it a couple times a week (Samsung i-760 running WinMobile).

- Mega

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
zero.... i havent even had to restart it for anything

oh wait i did take it out once but it wasnt due to the phone i wanted to take out the SD card to put files on it faster via a card reader.

OP
jappareti

jappareti

Reaction score
man... maybe i just got a little carried away with all of my app installs? i've installed 40+ apps

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Zero.............

vonfink13

Reaction score
once..i plugged it into the car charger while it was in sleep mode and no matter how many buttons i pushed the thing just would not come back on. Pulled the battery ..waited a few seconds and she came right back...haven't done that again since...

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I have pulled the battery twice, the first time was to check my build date, and the second was part of my procedure while testing the car-home/dockrunner bug to see if the media dock causes the same behavior, it does.

soyboy

Reaction score
None since I purchased it on the 9th. It's been pretty stable for me. I did have to turn it on and off to get my ringer back this morning, bu I'm not sure if that was the phone or something that I did to cause the sound to go away. Very happy with the Droid so far.

phunk

Reaction score
None. Has been online since I bought it on the 7th.

hazydave

Reaction score
Once. I tried to play a MP4 video file encoded for something else... either my old Treo or my GPS device (Pioneer AVIC-F500BT), not sure.

The video locked up the whole DROID. I don't imagine Linux itself was locked up, but more likely, for whatever reason, the I/O system was locked. So I couldn't kill the player, and had to force reboot.

My previous smart phone was a Palm Treo. You had to open the battery compartment to get to the reset button, but it had one. It needed one... I found PalmOS locking up several times a day, on average.

"And we liked it"...